Re: mailchat

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
      Thanks, just trying to learn as much as I can about the software. Once I start learning something, I have to know everything. LOL

      > Don
      >
      > In order for BPQ-BBS forwarding the User must be flagged as a BBS, if
      > only PMS is flagged
      > For a user Auto forwarding can not be used, I do not see any difference
      > between having
      > A user flagged as just a BBS or the user flagged as BBS & PMS, may be
      > John will step in
      > With a better explanation, here is some information on the BBS
      > operation:
      >
      > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Ch
      > at%20Server.htm
      >

      > Mike N9PMO
      > www.n9pmo.com

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
        Is there any way to send specific "Bulletins" to a PMS?
        Dave
        WB2HVF

        On 11/24/2012 5:52 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

        The PMS setting allows FBB Compressed Upload/Download to be used without having to define a user as a BBS, This is mainly for Winpack users.

        I don't think it is in documentation, but is is mentioned in the Change Log.

        73, John

        Is the PMS setting in mailchat used or needed?