RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32 APRS Weather Not working

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
      Bill

      In BPQ-APRS Basic setup there is an option for use local time, I do not
      Have mine checked, I use a modified Weather Watcher (internet) program
      Used for sending local WX in FBB or BPQ UIRoutine Beacons, also used for

      My BPQ-APRS WX beacon with a patch to convert text to the correct APRS
      WX
      Protocol, the following is the WX string it sends, without Rain fall:

      225/007g...t029P...b10200h54
      Weather Watcher WX is downloaded in local time

      73

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012

        Hi Mike ,

        I noticed that Local Time and I do have it checked. I don’t think that will solve my problem as it is my WXDisplay Program (with a Oregon Scientific Weather Station WMR-918) that is putting local time in the generated APRS Weather String. G8BPQ John said BPQAPRS is expecting GMT time in the String.  By setting my Ham computer to GMT that fixed the problem. However, I will try it though and see if it works (uncheck local time).

        Thanks

        Bill K7MT

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 25, 2012
          The "Use Local TIme" setting in BPQAPRS just changes how times are displayed.

          There are two checks in the WX beacon code. Both the file time stamp, and the content of the file itself (if present) are checked. The file system always uses UTC, so isn't a problem. One solution may be to remove the check on the time within  the file, as the code already accepts WX files without the timestamp

          73, John