Re: mailchat

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
      Thanks for the info! I haven't ran across the docs on how to use/ set it up. Thus my question. So, once I get some more info I may be able to integrate it. Thanks again.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

      > Hi Don,
      >

      > Bill K7MT in Helena, Mt. Our packet networks is from Great Falls, to
      > Missoula, to Bozeman, etc and my PMS here is basically my Mailbox like in
      > the TNC and folks leave me messages quite often. I also get from N9PMO
      > national traffic for ARRL, ARES, and folks around the world. It serves both
      > those purposes and it is certainly used here. Additionally, I have a call
      > set up RMS the PMS can be used to call up RMS Packet and deliver Winlink via
      > internet or SCS Pactor III modem if internet goes down.
      >

      > Yes, one can use RMS Express and connect directly but this is just a nice
      > option.
      >

      > Hope this helps to answer your question.
      >

      > Cheers K7MT Bill
      >
      > http://www.k7mt.com <http://www.k7mt.com/>

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
        Don

        In order for BPQ-BBS forwarding the User must be flagged as a BBS, if
        only PMS is flagged
        For a user Auto forwarding can not be used, I do not see any difference
        between having
        A user flagged as just a BBS or the user flagged as BBS & PMS, may be
        John will step in
        With a better explanation, here is some information on the BBS
        operation:

        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Ch
        at%20Server.htm

        Mike N9PMO
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

          I do not think so….What is the PMS for?

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
            Thanks, just trying to learn as much as I can about the software. Once I start learning something, I have to know everything. LOL

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                The PMS setting allows FBB Compressed Upload/Download to be used without having to define a user as a BBS, This is mainly for Winpack users.

                I don't think it is in documentation, but is is mentioned in the Change Log.

                73, John

                Is the PMS setting in mailchat used or needed?

              • Dave
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                  Is there any way to send specific "Bulletins" to a PMS?
                  Dave
                  WB2HVF