mailchat

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
      Good day,

      Is the PMS setting in mailchat used or needed?
    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

        Hi Don,

        Bill K7MT in Helena, Mt.  Our packet networks is from Great Falls, to Missoula, to Bozeman, etc and my PMS here is basically my Mailbox like in the TNC and folks leave me messages quite often.  I also get from N9PMO national traffic for ARRL, ARES, and folks around the world. It serves both those purposes and it is certainly used here.  Additionally, I have a call set up RMS the PMS can be used to call up RMS Packet and deliver Winlink via internet or SCS Pactor III modem if internet goes down.

        Yes, one can use RMS Express and connect directly but this is just a nice option.

        Hope this helps to answer your question.

        Cheers K7MT Bill

        http://www.k7mt.com

      • Don P
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
          Thanks for the info! I haven't ran across the docs on how to use/ set it up. Thus my question. So, once I get some more info I may be able to integrate it. Thanks again.

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

          > Hi Don,
          >

          > Bill K7MT in Helena, Mt. Our packet networks is from Great Falls, to
          > Missoula, to Bozeman, etc and my PMS here is basically my Mailbox like in
          > the TNC and folks leave me messages quite often. I also get from N9PMO
          > national traffic for ARRL, ARES, and folks around the world. It serves both
          > those purposes and it is certainly used here. Additionally, I have a call
          > set up RMS the PMS can be used to call up RMS Packet and deliver Winlink via
          > internet or SCS Pactor III modem if internet goes down.
          >

          > Yes, one can use RMS Express and connect directly but this is just a nice
          > option.
          >

          > Hope this helps to answer your question.
          >

          > Cheers K7MT Bill
          >
          > http://www.k7mt.com <http://www.k7mt.com/>

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
            Don

            In order for BPQ-BBS forwarding the User must be flagged as a BBS, if
            only PMS is flagged
            For a user Auto forwarding can not be used, I do not see any difference
            between having
            A user flagged as just a BBS or the user flagged as BBS & PMS, may be
            John will step in
            With a better explanation, here is some information on the BBS
            operation:

            http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Ch
            at%20Server.htm

            Mike N9PMO
            Is the PMS setting in mailchat used or needed?
          • Decossas, Michael
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

              I do not think so….What is the PMS for?

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                Thanks, just trying to learn as much as I can about the software. Once I start learning something, I have to know everything. LOL

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                    The PMS setting allows FBB Compressed Upload/Download to be used without having to define a user as a BBS, This is mainly for Winpack users.

                    I don't think it is in documentation, but is is mentioned in the Change Log.

                    73, John

                    Is the PMS setting in mailchat used or needed?

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                      Is there any way to send specific "Bulletins" to a PMS?
                      Dave
                      WB2HVF