RE: [BPQ32] BPQ32 APRS Weather Not working

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012

      Here is my Debug now

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012
        Bill

        In BPQ-APRS Basic setup there is an option for use local time, I do not
        Have mine checked, I use a modified Weather Watcher (internet) program
        Used for sending local WX in FBB or BPQ UIRoutine Beacons, also used for

        My BPQ-APRS WX beacon with a patch to convert text to the correct APRS
        WX
        Protocol, the following is the WX string it sends, without Rain fall:

        225/007g...t029P...b10200h54
        Weather Watcher WX is downloaded in local time

        73

        Mike N9PMO
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 24, 2012

          Hi Mike ,

          I noticed that Local Time and I do have it checked. I don’t think that will solve my problem as it is my WXDisplay Program (with a Oregon Scientific Weather Station WMR-918) that is putting local time in the generated APRS Weather String. G8BPQ John said BPQAPRS is expecting GMT time in the String.  By setting my Ham computer to GMT that fixed the problem. However, I will try it though and see if it works (uncheck local time).

          Thanks

          Bill K7MT

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 25, 2012
            The "Use Local TIme" setting in BPQAPRS just changes how times are displayed.

            There are two checks in the WX beacon code. Both the file time stamp, and the content of the file itself (if present) are checked. The file system always uses UTC, so isn't a problem. One solution may be to remove the check on the time within  the file, as the code already accepts WX files without the timestamp

            73, John