BPQ32 APRS Object and WX beacon not working

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012
      Howdy Gang Bill K7MT in Helena, Mt.

      I cannot get my object to beacon out for out local club repeater. Here is my
      APRSDIGI cfg file below. Any Ideas ?

      Secondly, I have my Weather station using WXDisplay and the WXNOW.TXT is
      correct but BPQ32 APRS will not beacon my Weather. Copy of WXDisplay TXT
      file and yes my path is correct in setup.....

      Nov 21 2012 07:15
      301/000g000t040r000p000P000h97b10076

      My Port is three using Kantronics KPC-3 in KISS mode for BPQ32 APRS It is
      running ok...

      APRSDIGI

      APRSCall K7MT
      StatusMsg=BPQ32 IGate Helena, Mt. WLNK-1

      Symbol=I ; Icon to display for station. Default is House if omitted
      Symset=/

      ; Specify a Dest and Path for each port you want to use for APRS. No dest
      means receive only port
      ; Ports without an APRSPath statement will not be used by the Digi

      APRSPath 2= ; Receive only port
      APRSPath 3=APRS,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 ; Dest and up to 8 digis
      BeaconInterval=30 ; Send Beacon every 30 minute

      ; Define Crossport Digi.
      ; For each port, a list of ports to send a packet to (IS means send to
      APRS-IS)
      ; If a Digimap isn't specified for a port, digi out on the port the packet
      arrived on,
      ; and send to APRS-IS (if enabled)
      ; If you want to digi on same port, but not send to APRS-IS, Specify Digimap
      n=n

      ;Digimap 1=1 ; Packets from 1 to 9, but not APRS-IS
      ;Digimap 7=7,9,IS ; Packets from 7 to 7, 9 and APRS-IS

      TraceCalls=WIDE ; Calls for CALLN-n Processing with Trace
      ;FloodCalls= ; Calls for CALLN-n Processing without Trace
      DigiCalls=K7MT ; Calls for Normal (ie no SSID manipulation) Digi
      ; For a Local "Fillin" Digi, you could include
      WIDE1-1
      ; and leave out TraceCalls and FloodCalls

      ; ReplaceDigiCalls ; Replace DigiCalls with APRSCall.
      ; Omit if you want the call to be left as it is
      received.

      MaxTraceHops=2 ; Max value of n in CALLN-n processing.
      ; If a packet is received with n greater than
      MaxFloodHops=2 ; this, the value will be replaced BEFORE it is
      decremented.

      GPSPort=0 ; if specified, lat/lon will be taken from a GPS
      GPSSpeed=0

      ; You can specify a fixed LAT/LONG instead of using GPS

      LAT=4638.29N ; Must be in standard APRS Format
      LON=11156.22W ; Must be in standard APRS Format

      OBJECT PATH=APRS,WIDE1-1 PORT=3,IS INTERVAL=30
      TEXT=;147.22+WS*111111z4644.89N/11219.91WrT100 +060

      ; IGATE Params. If specified you will gate RF packets and your beacons to
      APRS-IS

      ISHost=england.aprs2.net ; APRS-IS Host Name
      ISPort=14580 ; Normal port for a filtered feed
      ISPasscode=XXXXX My Code is ok I just XXXXed it out
      ***
    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2012

        Howdy Gang,

        Well, Disregard the object question as I did have the wrong longitude and after correcting there it is.  My eyesite is not what it use to be.  I have to blame my mistake on something !! Hee Hee !!

        I still have the WX Station question open.

        Happy Turkey Day all,

        Cheers Bill K7MT

        http://www.k7mt.com