Re: [BPQ32] Winlink CMS

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2012
      When using Outpost to send a list of e-mail addresses (distribution list)  to a BPQMailChat bbs to be sent by BPQ RMS, the entire distribution list is included in the header to each addressee. Is there any way to hide this list.... or someway to NOT include it?

      K.O. n0kfq
      On 11/20/2012 5:27 PM, N9ACQ wrote:

      KO

                      A recent post from the WDT specified that BCC addresses are not used. Both Airmail and RMS Express have omitted there entry capability. I believe Paclink strips them if used.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2012

        KO

                        Sounds like the long way around, Outpost - BPQ - BPQMail – RMS Packet. Why not Paclink or RMS Express – RMS Packet. Short answer is NO. The other solution is to send individual E-mails.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
          K.O,

          At the moment if the messages are sent via RMS, all the addresses are combined into a single message, and the WL2K system doesn't support BCC. If the messages are sent via the SMTP server or the packet network they will be sent as separate messages.So if messages are sent to smtp: instead of rms:, they should be send separately.

          Generally combining the addresses is more efficient, especially if the message has to be forwarded over a radio link to get to a CMS, but if it is a serious problem it would be possible to add an option not to combine them.

          73, John