Winlink CMS

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 20, 2012
      Is there a way to send packet-to-email messages in a distribution list as Bc so that it will not contain the list of addresses?

      K.O. n0kfq
      --

      K.O. Higgs
      n0kfq@...

    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 20, 2012

        KO

                        A recent post from the WDT specified that BCC addresses are not used. Both Airmail and RMS Express have omitted there entry capability. I believe Paclink strips them if used.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • K.O. Higgs

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 20, 2012

            KO

                            Sounds like the long way around, Outpost - BPQ - BPQMail – RMS Packet. Why not Paclink or RMS Express – RMS Packet. Short answer is NO. The other solution is to send individual E-mails.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 21, 2012
              K.O,

              At the moment if the messages are sent via RMS, all the addresses are combined into a single message, and the WL2K system doesn't support BCC. If the messages are sent via the SMTP server or the packet network they will be sent as separate messages.So if messages are sent to smtp: instead of rms:, they should be send separately.

              Generally combining the addresses is more efficient, especially if the message has to be forwarded over a radio link to get to a CMS, but if it is a serious problem it would be possible to add an option not to combine them.

              73, John