BPQ RF Nodes Broadcast Question

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 17, 2012
      Hi gang,

      Presently, by BPQ32 broadcasts the following on local RF:

      HLNBBS:K7MT-1 via K7MT-6 qlty=195
      HLNCHT:K7MT-2 via K7MT-6 qlty=195
      HLNMT:K7MT-6 via K7MT-6 qlty=196
      HLNRMS:K7MT-10 via K7MT-6 qlty=195

      I would like to only broadcast HLNMT:K7MT-6 on RF and not the BBS/Mail, Chat
      Node, and the RMS packet node. This way it would look more like a X1J4 node
      with just the main alias:callsign

      Can I do this with BPQ32 Switch on RF only but still keep the TCP/IP/UDP
      broadcast all four ?

      I tried the BPQ APRS and still have issues with the radio in Kiss mode. Time
      to go skiing for the weekend and will look it over next week.

      Thanks in advance and look forward to responses for RF Nodes Broadcast
      question.

      Bill K7MT
    • Bill Erhardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012

        Howdy gang,

        I am experimenting by setting the application quality to one below my minqual on my RF radio port. So far it is working but not sure of the long term outcome.  It is broadcasting only hlnmt:K7MT-6  and I can still access BBS, RMS, CHAT via logging into K7MT-6 then the command line..

        Cheers  Bill

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
          Bill,

          If you don't want the application nodes to be broadcast you can set the quality to zero. That way local users can connect direct, but people coming over the network will need to connect to the node first.

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012

            Thanks John,

            That works. Cool.