Not BPQ32 but X1J4 Question

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 12, 2012
      Howdy Gang,

      Is anyone here on BPQ a X1J4 Expert as I have a question about the HOST
      mode.

      We are attempting to hook up a Kantronics KTU with Weather Node Firmware to
      a Paccomm Tiny II with X1J4. All settings in the KTU are correct and it is
      connected to the Serial DB 25 pin port with the proper cable from the KTU.

      We have host on in the Tiny II but it returns Host Table Full when HOST is
      called via packet. We are trying to access the KTU and it will return a
      wxn: so we can display the weather it has stored.

      The KTU works just fine hooked to a Kantronics TNC serial port with version
      8.2. I can log in and it hooks up to the KTU and I can display the Weather,
      make changes, etc.

      Anyone have any ideas about how the host mode in a Paccomm Tiny II with X1J$
      needs to be setup to access a device (Kantronics KTU with WeatherNode
      firmware) hooked to the rs-232 db-25 pin port.

      This will have indoor/outdoor temperature readings on our packet
      node/repeater site on Mt. Belmont at 7,330 feet. We like the KTU as it store
      data for about two months.

      Thanks Bill K7MT
    • g4irx_uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 13, 2012
        Bill,

        According to my Tiny-II manual you should link pin 9 to pin 5 (ground) for NETROM or KISS on the serial port. Unlink pin 9 for host mode.