Multiple Frequencies for BBS

  • k1jtc
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
      Not sure if someone has asked this but I am trying to have 2 different frequencies feed into the BBS. I am using a KPC 9612. I have setup the config with different ports numbers to handle the different freq. In the mailchat server it has only 1 spot for BBS app. so I am assumming that there would need to be some special setup to make it work correctly. I can use terminal and access the different radios just fine. Just trying to figure out if there are other things I need to tweek to get it to work.

      Thanks in advance.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
        I have 3 frequencies feed my BBS.  1 VHF and 2 HF. In my case each HF frequency has it's own radio and Pactor modem thus, it's own port. From what you are saying, you are using one modem, the KPC 9612, so you would need to scan, then you would use one port with additional configuration to control the radio on that port.
        The HF ports are set up to direct ALL connects directly to the BBS.
        73
        Dave WB2HVF

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
          Hi,

          You dont have to do anything special to allow both ports to connect to the BBS, A connect to the BBSCALL on either port will work.

          When forwarding out, the specify the port to use as part of the connect script.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
            Dave,

            The KPC9612 has two radio ports, so can operate on two frequencies at the same time.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
              Opps!
              I was thinking 2 HF radios. It would have helped to check out the specs on the KPC9712 first.
              Sorry.
              73
              Dave