BPQ APRS

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
      Comment: BPQ32 Igate V 5.2.9.1
      Last status: W9JUN BPQ32 Winmor 7.061 USB (dial) WLNK-1 Madison, IN
      Last beacon: W9JUN BPQ Packet Node in Madison, IN

      The above is from aprs.fi

      Can bpqaprs be edited to affect the comment and beacon lines?
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
        Don,

        The comment is fixed.

        The bascon text is probably comng from the bpq32 ID beacon, set by the ID param in BPQ32.cfg

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
          Thanks, John

          > Don,
          >
          > The comment is fixed.
          >
          > The bascon text is probably comng from the bpq32 ID beacon, set by the ID
          > param in BPQ32.cfg

        • Angelo Glorioso
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 15, 2013

            Thanks John, and Jim.  Just what the doctor ordered.

            Hi Bill (K7MT) been a long time!!

            7 3 de Angelo
          • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
              Hi all,

              Besides the parameter GateLocalDistance=x, is there a parameter for transmitting only specific callsigns ?

              And, in addition, is there a parameter to include a list of callsigns not to be gated (transmitted) ?

              Thanks,
              Marco

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
                Marco,

                No, but you should be able to control what the Igate sends to you by setting the right filters.

                John

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
                  Hi John,

                  how many filters are there available ?

                  I'm interested in filters on "IS to AX25"gating. I believe that the GateLocalDistance=x  is not enough.

                  But, maybe I'm missing something...

                  Marco

                Message 8 of 8 , Dec 16, 2013
                  Marco,

                  The ISFilter parameter controls what the Igate sends to you. You can use this so you only get packets for the stations you want.

                  Once BPQ has the packets, GateLocalDistance limits the ones you send to RF.