config bpqcfg.txt with pk232 on fbbwin

  • david_linda_puncho
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
      Hi and sorry for my english i'm french canadian
      Before i used fbb dos and pk232 so it worked well
      now i want install the last realease of FBB 7.01.35 with my pk232
      i read and read help on internet and i understand that i must use
      bpq32 for this use
      my fbb as 2 port one for forward on internet and the second with the
      pk232 connected on radio
      I read all your post but don't found the way
      so my question is:
      could you give me an exemple of the bpqcfg.txt where on the port 1
      is the forward internet and the port 2 the pk232 connected with bpq
      on the serial 2
      and i saw too i connect the pk232 before run fbb and bpq and with
      terminal windows itype in cmd mode kiss on on the pk232 and close
      terminal and run fbb
      so is it the right way ?
      thank's by advance
      sorry but i
      'm new on fbb windows on bpq32 and english hi hi hi
      best regard
      73
      David
      VE2EDF
    • Ron Stordahl
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
        I had hoped someone with more knowledge of FBB would have replied to you, and perhaps they will.  However the configurations in  c:\Program Files\BPQ32\Examples\Medium can't be too far from what you are looking for.  The application happens to be a DX Cluster, but you could just change the applications parameter to:
        APPLICATION=BBS
        and you would be almost there.  You need to change the calls/aliases/IDMSG/BTEXT and such things which obviously need be changed to be applicable to you.  Of course your TNC must be set in KISS mode.

        Now as to configuring FBB, hopefully someone else here will step up....

        Ron, N5IN

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2008
          hi
          73
          thank's for your help about bpq32 i found this examples
          juste an other question because i've never use bpq
          how can i see that bpq works fine with my ph232 because i start my pk232 i type kiss on
          and some minutes after my Mult led light on for reason memory is full
          so i tried to open my pk232 with bpqterm but i can 't connect an other station with it
          is it normal ?
          thank's by advance
          David
          VE2EDF

          To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
              hi i tried it
              the answer is

              INFO
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Type DX to connect to the DX Cluster.
              DX
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
              c ve2edf-3
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Downlink connect needs port number - C P CALLSIGN
              Ports:
                1 BPQ 145.050 MHz
                2 AX/IP/UDP
              c 1 ve2edf-3
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Failure with VE2EDF-3
              ?
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} BBS CONNECT BYE INFO NODES PORTS ROUTES USERS MHEARD
              nodes
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Nodes:
              PMSEDF:VE2EDF-1
              mheard 1
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Heard List for Port 1
              connect
              EDFNOD:VE2EDF-3} Sorry, All HOST Ports are in use - Please try later

              so i think i can't connect my node isn't ?
              and my bpq32 is like that
              ; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32: G8BPQ SWITCH SOFTWARE
              ; Includes 1 KISS TNC Port, and 1 AX/IP/UDP Port.
              ; See the corresponding bpqaxip.cfg file for more configuration details.
              ; \Examples\Medium
              HOSTINTERRUPT=127 ; Interrupt used for BPQ host mode support
              EMS=0   ; Doesn't use EMS RAM
              DESQVIEW=0  ; DesqView unused
              NODECALL=VE2EDF-3 ; Node callsign
              NODEALIAS=EDFNOD ; Node alias (6 characters max)
              BBSCALL=VE2EDF-1  ; BBS callsign APPL1CALL if used overrides BBSCALL
              BBSALIAS=PMSEDF  ; BBS alias APPL1ALIAS if used overrides BBSALIAS
              IDMSG:   ; UI broadcast text from NODECALL to fixed dest ID
              ;N5IN Thief River Falls MN 144.39 APRS/147.525 DX-Cluster
              ***   ; Denotes end of IDMSG text
              BTEXT:   ; UI broadcast text from BCALL to destination UNPROTO=
              ;!4806.56N/09611.70W%Thief River Falls MN 144.39 APRS/147.525 DX-Cluster
              ***   ; Denotes end of BTEXT text
              INFOMSG:  ; The INFO command text follows:
              Type DX to connect to the DX Cluster.
              ***   ; Denotes end of INFOMSG text
              CTEXT:   ; The CTEXT text follows:
              Type DX to connect to the DX Cluster.
              TRFDX1:N5IN-14} DX CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
              ***   ; Denotes end of CTEXT text
              FULL_CTEXT=1  ; 0=send CTEXT to L2 connects to NODEALIAS only
                 ; 1=send CTEXT to all connectees
              ; Network System Parameters:
              OBSINIT=6  ; Initial obsolescence set when a node is included
                 ; in a received nodes broadcast. This value is then
                 ; decremented by 1 every NODESINTERVAL.
              OBSMIN=4  ; When the obsolescence of a node falls below this
                 ; value that node's information is not included in
                 ; a subsequent nodes broadcast.
              NODESINTERVAL=15 ; Nodes broadcast interval in minutes
              IDINTERVAL=60  ; 'IDMSG' UI broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
              BTINTERVAL=60  ; The BTEXT broadcast interval in minutes, 0=OFF
              L3TIMETOLIVE=25  ; Max L3 hops
              L4RETRIES=3  ; Level 4 retry count
              L4TIMEOUT=60  ; Level 4 timeout in seconds s/b > FRACK x RETRIES
              L4DELAY=10  ; Level 4 delayed ack timer in seconds
              L4WINDOW=4  ; Level 4 window size
              MAXLINKS=63  ; Max level 2 links
              MAXNODES=128  ; Max nodes in nodes table
              MAXROUTES=64  ; Max adjacent nodes
              MAXCIRCUITS=128  ; Max L4 circuits
              MINQUAL=168  ; Minimum quality to add to nodes table
              BBSQUAL=255  ; BBS quality multiplier, (BBSQUAL/256), relative to
                 ; NODE. Used to limit spread of BBS node info through
                 ; the network to your required service area. [0,255].
                 ; APPL1QUAL if used overrides BBSQUAL.
              BUFFERS=255  ; Packet buffers - 255 means allocate as many as
                 ; possible, normally about 130, depending upon other
                 ; table sizes.
              ; TNC default parameters:
              PACLEN=236  ; Max packet size (236 max for net/rom)
              ; PACLEN is a problem! The ideal size depends on the link(s) over which a
              ; packet will be sent. For a session involving another node, we have no idea
              ; what is at the far end. Ideally each node should have the capability to
              ; combine and then refragment messages to suit each link segment - maybe when
              ; there are more BPQ nodes about than 'other' ones, I'll do it. When the node
              ; is accessed directly, things are a bit easier, as we know at least something
              ; about the link. So, currently there are two PACLEN params, one here and one
              ; in the PORTS section. This one is used to set the initial value for
              ; sessions via other nodes and for sessions initiated from here. The other is
              ; used for incoming direct (Level 2) sessions. In all cases the TNC PACLEN
              ; command can be used to override the defaults.
              TRANSDELAY=1  ; Transparent node send delay in seconds
              ; Level 2 Parameters:
              ; T1 (FRACK), T2 (RESPTIME) and N2 (RETRIES) are now in the PORTS section
              T3=120   ; Link validation timer in seconds
              IDLETIME=600  ; Idle link shutdown timer in seconds
              ; Configuration Options:
              AUTOSAVE=1  ; Saves BPQNODES.dat upon program exit
              BBS=1   ; 1 = BBS support included, 0 = No BBS support
              NODE=1   ; Include switch support
              HIDENODES=1  ; If set to 1, nodes beginning with a #
                 ; require a 'N *' command to be displayed.
              ; The *** LINKED command is intended for use by gateway software, and concern
              ; has been expressed that it could be misused. It is recommended that it be
              ; disabled (=N) if unneeded.
              ENABLE_LINKED=N  ; Controls processing of *** LINKED command
                 ; Y = allows unrestricted use
                 ; A = allows use by application program
                 ; N = disabled
              ; AX25 port definitions:
              ; With the following definition BPQ32 accesses the TNC directly.
              PORT
               PORTNUM=1  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
               ID=BPQ 145.050 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
               TYPE=ASYNC  ; Port is RS232 Com
               PROTOCOL=KISS  ; TNC is used in KISS mode
               FULLDUP=0  ; Only meaningful for KISS devices
               IOADDR=1  ; 1 = SERIAL PORT COM1 ETC.
               SPEED=9600  ; RS232 COM PORT SPEED
               CHANNEL=  ; Address if multichannel TNC
               PERSIST=64  ; PERSIST=256/(# of transmitters-1)
               SLOTTIME=100  ; CMSA interval timer in milliseconds
               TXDELAY=30  ; Transmit keyup delay in milliseconds
               TXTAIL=30  ; TX key down, in milliseconds, at packet end
               QUALITY=192  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
                 ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
                 ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
               MINQUAL=168  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
                 ; of 0 sends everything.
               MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
               FRACK=5000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
               RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
               RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
               PACLEN=236  ; Default max packet length for this port
               UNPROTO=VE2RSP  ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
               BCALL=VE2EDF-3  ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to BBSCALL/APPL1CALL
               L3ONLY=0  ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
               DIGIFLAG=1  ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
               DIGIPORT=0  ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
               USERS=0  ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
              ENDPORT
              ; With the following definition, BPQ32 uses AGWPE to access the TNC. To avoid
              ; a port conflict with AGWtoBPQ (by default both AGWtoBPQ's and AGWPE's
              ; interface port is 8000), the port for AGWPE has been set here to 8001 and
              ; thus AGWPE itself must be configured to also use port 8001.
              ; With BPQtoAGW, BPQ32 does level 2 and above, AGWPE does level 1. Thus
              ; Persist, Slottime, TXDelay and TxTail, if stated, are not used and
              ; must be set instead in AGWPE. MaxFrame, Retries, Frack and Resptime
              ; are done by BPQ32.
              ;PORT
              ; PORTNUM=1  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
              ; ID=BPQtoAGW 147.525 MHz ; Displayed by PORTS command
              ; TYPE=EXTERNAL  ; Calls an external module
              ; DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL ; Uses BPQtoAGW.DLL
              ; IOADDR=1F41  ; AGWPE Telnet port x'1F41' = 8001
              ; CHANNEL=A  ; AGWPE Port # A=1, B=2, etc
              ; QUALITY=192  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
              ;   ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
              ;   ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
              ; MINQUAL=168  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
              ;   ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
              ;   ; of 0 sends everything.
              ; MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
              ; FRACK=5000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
              ; RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
              ; RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
              ; PACLEN=236  ; Default max packet length for this port
              ; UNPROTO=BPQP1  ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
              ; BCALL=N5IN-3  ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to BBSCALL/APPL1CALL
              ; L3ONLY=0  ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
              ; DIGIFLAG=1  ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
              ; DIGIPORT=0  ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
              ; USERS=0  ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
              ;ENDPORT
              ; AX/IP/UDP port definition.
              PORT
               PORTNUM=2  ; Optional but sets port number if stated
               ID=AX/IP/UDP  ; Displayed by PORTS command
               TYPE=EXTERNAL  ; Calls an external module
               DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL ; Uses BPQAXIP.DLL
               QUALITY=192  ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
                 ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
                 ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
               MINQUAL=168  ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
                 ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
                 ; of 0 sends everything.
               MAXFRAME=7  ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
               FRACK=3000  ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
               RESPTIME=1000  ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
               RETRIES=5  ; Level 2 maximum retry value
               PACLEN=236  ; Max = 236
              ENDPORT
              ROUTES:   ; Locked routes (31 maximum)
              ; CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
              ; The values in [...] if stated override the port defaults.
              VE2EDF-1,224,1  ; BPQ 147.525 MHz to production machine
              VE2EDF,223,2  ; BPQ AX/UPD to production machine
              VE2EDF-3,193,2  ; BPQ AX/UDP work office
              ***   ; Denotes end of locked routes
              ; Applications supported:
              ; The first three are reserved for BBS, HOST and REMOTE SYSOP. Five
              ; additional applications, up to 12 bytes each, can be defined as you wish.
              ; Applications beginning with a * are not shown in the valid commands display.
              APPLICATIONS=BBS
              ;DX,,*SYS ;BBS=DX, no host, remote sysop=*SYS
              ;Commented out as this configuration supports only a single application:
              ;APPL4CALL=N5IN-2
              ;APPL4ALIAS=PCTRF2
              ;APPL4QUAL=255
              ; APPLnCALL/APPLnALIAS defines 'call's and alias's associated with the
              ; positional parameters in APPLICATIONS=. N may assume values of 1,4,5,6,7,8
              ; as 2 and 3 are reserved for host and remote sysop. These calls/alias's
              ; announce themselves in node broadcasts unless their associated APPLnQUAL=0.
              ; APPL1CALL, APPL1ALIAS and APPL1QUAL, i.e. for n=1, replace the earlier
              ; defined BBSCALL/BBSALIAS/BBSQUAL if stated. The 'call's may include any of
              ; the characters A-Z 0-9, up to 6 characters in length, and optionally an
              ; SSID. Thus APPL4CALL=ABCDEF as well as APPL4CALL=AA0AAA-13 are valid. A
              ; connection to the APPLnCALL='call' will execute the nth positional parameter
              ; in the APPLICATIONS= string.
              ;
              ; AGWtoBPQ.exe includes an 'Applications Mask' created from the position of
              ; the 'application' in the APPLICATIONS= string. The mask is formed from the
              ; sum of the numbers 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128. Thus in this configuraton the
              ; applications occupy positions 1 and 4, with associated masks of 1 and 8,
              ; which added together equal 9. Thus when using the AGWtoBPQ interface the
              ; 'Appl Mask' must be entered as 9.

              So i don't understand why
              but it's normal Im a french guy so i'm slow hihihiihih

              David
              VE2EDF

              To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 31, 2008
                Hi all and thank's for your help
                i've found the probleme
                so i read and read all message on the forum and found this reson i tried and works fine
                the reason is:
                my pk232 have an eprom with software of year 1987 andon this version the kiss is not real so i tried on a pk12 with eprom 1994 and all works perfectly
                i must change my eprom version
                but freat thank's for all it's a very good forum for help and more

                have a nice day
                73'
                David VE2EDF

                To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com