RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via Winpack

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
      John

      I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
      on
      The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
      Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
      connecting
      via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
      Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
      Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

      application call, problem solved.

      Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
      the
      FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
      TFWIN.DLL
      Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
      window from
      Monitoring the FBB beacon?

      It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

      INITTNC1.sys as follows:
      O 4
      C MAIL
      T 50
      U 0
      N 10
      M IUSC
      @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

      The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
      versions of BPQ32
      The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
        Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
        To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

        John

        The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
        polls
        Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
        terminal?

        Mike N9PMO

        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

        Thank you again. 73
        KK4HOK

        > Charles,
        >
        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
        code to
        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
        properly.
        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
        the
        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
          Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
          > N9PMO-3
          So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

          Mike N9PMO
          Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
          somewhere?...Joel
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

          Thank you again. 73
          KK4HOK

          > Charles,
          >
          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
          code to
          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
          properly.
          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
          the
          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
          >
          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

        • Joel Yates

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
            code to
            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
            properly.
            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
            the
            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
            >
            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

          • neocharles_kk4hok
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
              Sorry for the delay in response.

              At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

              I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.