RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
      Sorry, Mike.

      I don't follow what you are saying.

      73, John

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
      Sent: 05 November 2012 15:02
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

      John

      The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
      polls
      Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
      terminal?

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

        I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
        on
        The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
        Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
        connecting
        via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
        Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
        Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

        application call, problem solved.

        Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
        the
        FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
        TFWIN.DLL
        Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
        window from
        Monitoring the FBB beacon?

        It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

        INITTNC1.sys as follows:
        O 4
        C MAIL
        T 50
        U 0
        N 10
        M IUSC
        @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

        The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
        versions of BPQ32
        The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

        Mike N9PMO

        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

        Thank you again. 73
        KK4HOK

        > Charles,
        >
        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
        code to
        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
        properly.
        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
        the
        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____

        Of
        > neocharles_kk4hok
        > Sent: 04 November 2012 18:45
        > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
        >

        > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there
        some
        > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and
        then
        > whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two
        > separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto
        BBS
        > function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a
        WinPack
        > support group?
        >
        > Thanks!

        > Wiseman" <john.wiseman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Charles,
        > >
        > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
        always
        > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical
        script
        > > is
        > >
        > > SEND c switch
        > > WAITCON
        > > SEND c $BBS
        > > WAITPROMPT
        > >
        > > 73, John
        > >
        > > _____
        > >
        > > From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
        > [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
        Behalf
        > Of
        > > neocharles_kk4hok
        > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
        > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
        > >

        > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
        fellow
        > ham
        > > in getting it configured.
        > >
        > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
        honest
        > -
        > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
        not.

        > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
        node/callsign, it
        > > does not work. Below is what happens
        > >

        > > c lscbbs
        > > Connect
        > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
        > >
        > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
        > >

        > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
        even
        > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
        experiencing
        > the
        > > issue?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > 73
        > >
        > > Charles

      • Joel Yates
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
          Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
          Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
          To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

          John

          The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
          polls
          Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
          terminal?

          Mike N9PMO

          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

          Thank you again. 73
          KK4HOK

          > Charles,
          >
          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
          code to
          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
          properly.
          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
          the
          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
          >
          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
            Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
            > N9PMO-3
            So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

            Mike N9PMO
            Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
            somewhere?...Joel
            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
            code to
            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
            properly.
            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
            the
            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
            >
            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

          • Joel Yates
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
              Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              > Charles,
              >
              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
              code to
              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
              properly.
              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
              the
              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

            • neocharles_kk4hok
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                Sorry for the delay in response.

                At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.