RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

      The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
      polls
      Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
      terminal?

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

        Huh?

        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

        Thank you again. 73
        KK4HOK

        > Charles,
        >
        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
        code to
        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
        properly.
        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
        the
        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____
        >
        > From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there
        some
        > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and
        then
        > whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two
        > separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto
        BBS
        > function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a
        WinPack
        > support group?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
          Sorry, Mike.

          I don't follow what you are saying.

          73, John

          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

          Thank you again. 73
          KK4HOK

          > Charles,
          >
          > I've
          just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
          code to
          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
          working
          properly.
          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
          spare. In the mean time
          the
          > only was is to connect to the switch,
          then the station you want.

          > 73, John
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From:
          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
          Of
          > neocharles_kk4hok
          > Sent: 04 November 2012
          18:45
          > To:
          > Subject:
          [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

          > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
          first). Is there
          some
          > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
          connect to switch and
          then
          > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
          always have to be done as two
          > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
          in something like the Auto
          BBS
          > function)? Or would this be something
          I should search more with a
          WinPack
          > support group?

          Thanks!

          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
          <john.wiseman@> wrote:

          > > Charles,
          > >
          > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
          is
          always
          > > the node, So you need a second connect to
          get to the bbs, A typical
          script
          > > is

          SEND c switch
          > > WAITCON
          > > SEND c $BBS

          WAITPROMPT

          > > 73, John
          > >
          > > _____
          > >
          > > From:
          > [mailto:
          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
          Behalf
          > Of

          neocharles_kk4hok
          > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
          > > To:
          > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
          Command when Connecting via WinPack

          > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
          had some assistance from a
          fellow
          > ham
          > > in getting it
          configured.

          > > I am up and running, however, I am
          noticing one quirk that - to be
          honest
          > -
          > > I am unsure of
          whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
          not.

          > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
          node/callsign, it
          > > does not work. Below is what happens
          > >

          > > c lscbbs
          > > Connect

          cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

          > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
          command - Enter ? for command list

          Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
          even
          > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
          possibly
          experiencing
          > the
          > > issue?
          > >
          > > Thanks!
          > > 73
          > >
          > > Charles

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

            I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
            on
            The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
            Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
            connecting
            via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
            Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
            Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

            application call, problem solved.

            Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
            the
            FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
            TFWIN.DLL
            Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
            window from
            Monitoring the FBB beacon?

            It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

            INITTNC1.sys as follows:
            O 4
            C MAIL
            T 50
            U 0
            N 10
            M IUSC
            @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

            The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
            versions of BPQ32
            The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

            Mike N9PMO

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
            code to
            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
            properly.
            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
            the
            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
            >
            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

          • Joel Yates
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
              Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
              Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
              To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

              John

              The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
              polls
              Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
              terminal?

              Mike N9PMO

              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              > Charles,
              >
              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
              code to
              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
              properly.
              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
              the
              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                > N9PMO-3
                So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                Mike N9PMO
                Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                somewhere?...Joel
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                > Charles,
                >
                > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                code to
                > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                properly.
                > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                the
                > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                >
                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

              • Joel Yates
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                  I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                  the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                  (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                  code to
                  > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                  properly.
                  > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                  the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                • neocharles_kk4hok
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                    Sorry for the delay in response.

                    At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                    I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.