RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
      Charles,

      Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

      Thanks
      John

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of neocharles_kk4hok
      Sent: 05 November 2012 01:47
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

      You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

      Thank you again. 73
      KK4HOK

      > Charles,
      >
      > I've
      just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

      pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

      I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the

      BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      > neocharles_kk4hok
      > Sent: 04 November 2012 18:45
      > To:
      > Subject:
      [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

      > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
      first). Is there some
      > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
      connect to switch and then
      > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
      always have to be done as two
      > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
      in something like the Auto BBS
      > function)? Or would this be something I
      should search more with a WinPack
      > support group?

      Thanks!

      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
      <john.wiseman@> wrote:

      > > Charles,
      > >
      > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
      always
      > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
      the bbs, A typical script
      > > is
      > >
      > > SEND c
      switch
      > > WAITCON
      > > SEND c $BBS

      WAITPROMPT

      > > 73, John
      > >
      > > _____
      > >
      > > From:
      > [mailto:
      > Of

      neocharles_kk4hok
      > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
      > > To:
      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
      Command when Connecting via WinPack

      > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
      had some assistance from a fellow
      > ham
      > > in getting it
      configured.

      > > I am up and running, however, I am
      noticing one quirk that - to be honest
      > -
      > > I am unsure of
      whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

      > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
      it
      > > does not work. Below is what happens
      > >

      > > c lscbbs
      > > Connect
      > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
      SWITCH

      > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
      for command list

      > > Could someone possibly
      point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
      > > supposed to work
      or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
      > the

      issue?

      > > Thanks!
      > > 73
      > >
      > > Charles

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

        The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
        polls
        Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
        terminal?

        Mike N9PMO

        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

        Thank you again. 73
        KK4HOK

        > Charles,
        >
        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
        code to
        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
        properly.
        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
        the
        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____

        Behalf
        > Of
        > > neocharles_kk4hok
        > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
        > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
        > >

        > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
        fellow
        > ham
        > > in getting it configured.
        > >
        > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
        honest
        > -
        > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
        not.

        > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
        node/callsign, it
        > > does not work. Below is what happens
        > >

        > > c lscbbs
        > > Connect
        > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
        > >
        > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
        > >

        > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
        even
        > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
        experiencing
        > the
        > > issue?
        > >
        > > Thanks!
        > > 73
        > >
        > > Charles

      • JOHN
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

          Huh?

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
            Sorry, Mike.

            I don't follow what you are saying.

            73, John

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've
            just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
            code to
            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
            working
            properly.
            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
            spare. In the mean time
            the
            > only was is to connect to the switch,
            then the station you want.

            > 73, John
            >
            > _____
            >
            > From:
            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
            Of
            > neocharles_kk4hok
            > Sent: 04 November 2012
            18:45
            > To:
            > Subject:
            [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

            > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
            first). Is there
            some
            > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
            connect to switch and
            then
            > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
            always have to be done as two
            > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
            in something like the Auto
            BBS
            > function)? Or would this be something
            I should search more with a
            WinPack
            > support group?

            Thanks!

            <john.wiseman@> wrote:

            > > Charles,
            > >
            > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
            is
            always
            > > the node, So you need a second connect to
            get to the bbs, A typical
            script
            > > is

            SEND c switch
            > > WAITCON
            > > SEND c $BBS

            WAITPROMPT

            > > 73, John
            > >
            > > _____
            > >
            > > From:
            > [mailto:
            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
            Behalf
            > Of

            neocharles_kk4hok
            > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
            > > To:
            > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
            Command when Connecting via WinPack

            > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
            had some assistance from a
            fellow
            > ham
            > > in getting it
            configured.

            > > I am up and running, however, I am
            noticing one quirk that - to be
            honest
            > -
            > > I am unsure of
            whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
            not.

            > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
            node/callsign, it
            > > does not work. Below is what happens
            > >

            > > c lscbbs
            > > Connect

            cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

            > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
            command - Enter ? for command list

            Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
            even
            > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
            possibly
            experiencing
            > the
            > > issue?
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > > 73
            > >
            > > Charles

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

              I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
              on
              The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
              Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
              connecting
              via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
              Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
              Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

              application call, problem solved.

              Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
              the
              FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
              TFWIN.DLL
              Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
              window from
              Monitoring the FBB beacon?

              It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

              INITTNC1.sys as follows:
              O 4
              C MAIL
              T 50
              U 0
              N 10
              M IUSC
              @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

              The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
              versions of BPQ32
              The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

              Mike N9PMO

              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              > Charles,
              >
              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
              code to
              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
              properly.
              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
              the
              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

            • Joel Yates
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                John

                The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                polls
                Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                terminal?

                Mike N9PMO

                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                > Charles,
                >
                > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                code to
                > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                properly.
                > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                the
                > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                >
                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                  > N9PMO-3
                  So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                  Mike N9PMO
                  Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                  somewhere?...Joel
                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                  I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                  the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                  (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                  code to
                  > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                  properly.
                  > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                  the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                • Joel Yates
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                    Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                    I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                    the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                    (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                    Thank you again. 73
                    KK4HOK

                    > Charles,
                    >
                    > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                    code to
                    > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                    properly.
                    > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                    the
                    > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                    >
                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____

                  • neocharles_kk4hok
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                      Sorry for the delay in response.

                      At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                      I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.