RE: [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
      Charles,

      I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly. I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

        Thank you again. 73
        KK4HOK

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
          Charles,

          Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

          Thanks
          John

          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

          Thank you again. 73
          KK4HOK

          > Charles,
          >
          > I've
          just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

          pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

          I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the
          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you
          want.

          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

          Thanks!

          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
          <john.wiseman@> wrote:

          > > Charles,
          > >
          > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
          always
          > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
          the bbs, A typical script
          > > is
          > >
          > > SEND c
          switch
          > > WAITCON
          > > SEND c $BBS

          WAITPROMPT

          > > 73, John
          > >
          > > _____
          > >
          > > From:
          > [mailto:
          > Of

          neocharles_kk4hok
          > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
          > > To:
          > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
          Command when Connecting via WinPack

          > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
          had some assistance from a fellow
          > ham
          > > in getting it
          configured.

          > > I am up and running, however, I am
          noticing one quirk that - to be honest
          > -
          > > I am unsure of
          whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

          > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
          it
          > > does not work. Below is what happens
          > >

          > > c lscbbs
          > > Connect
          > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
          SWITCH

          > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
          for command list

          > > Could someone possibly
          point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
          > > supposed to work
          or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
          > the

          issue?

          > > Thanks!
          > > 73
          > >
          > > Charles

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

            The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
            polls
            Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
            terminal?

            Mike N9PMO

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
            code to
            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
            properly.
            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
            the
            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
            >
            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

            Behalf
            > Of
            > > neocharles_kk4hok
            > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
            > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
            > >

            > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
            fellow
            > ham
            > > in getting it configured.
            > >
            > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
            honest
            > -
            > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
            not.

            > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
            node/callsign, it
            > > does not work. Below is what happens
            > >

            > > c lscbbs
            > > Connect
            > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
            > >
            > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
            > >

            > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
            even
            > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
            experiencing
            > the
            > > issue?
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > > 73
            > >
            > > Charles

          • JOHN
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

              Huh?

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                Sorry, Mike.

                I don't follow what you are saying.

                73, John

                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                > Charles,
                >
                > I've
                just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                code to
                > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
                working
                properly.
                > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
                spare. In the mean time
                the
                > only was is to connect to the switch,
                then the station you want.

                > 73, John
                >
                > _____
                >
                > From:
                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                Of
                > neocharles_kk4hok
                > Sent: 04 November 2012
                18:45
                > To:
                > Subject:
                [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

                > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
                first). Is there
                some
                > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
                connect to switch and
                then
                > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
                always have to be done as two
                > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
                in something like the Auto
                BBS
                > function)? Or would this be something
                I should search more with a
                WinPack
                > support group?

                Thanks!

                <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                > > Charles,
                > >
                > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
                is
                always
                > > the node, So you need a second connect to
                get to the bbs, A typical
                script
                > > is

                SEND c switch
                > > WAITCON
                > > SEND c $BBS

                WAITPROMPT

                > > 73, John
                > >
                > > _____
                > >
                > > From:
                > [mailto:
                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                Behalf
                > Of

                neocharles_kk4hok
                > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                > > To:
                > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                Command when Connecting via WinPack

                > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                had some assistance from a
                fellow
                > ham
                > > in getting it
                configured.

                > > I am up and running, however, I am
                noticing one quirk that - to be
                honest
                > -
                > > I am unsure of
                whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                not.

                > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
                node/callsign, it
                > > does not work. Below is what happens
                > >

                > > c lscbbs
                > > Connect

                cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

                > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
                command - Enter ? for command list

                Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                even
                > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
                possibly
                experiencing
                > the
                > > issue?
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > > 73
                > >
                > > Charles

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                  I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
                  on
                  The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
                  Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
                  connecting
                  via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
                  Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
                  Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

                  application call, problem solved.

                  Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
                  the
                  FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
                  TFWIN.DLL
                  Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
                  window from
                  Monitoring the FBB beacon?

                  It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

                  INITTNC1.sys as follows:
                  O 4
                  C MAIL
                  T 50
                  U 0
                  N 10
                  M IUSC
                  @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

                  The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
                  versions of BPQ32
                  The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

                  Mike N9PMO

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                  I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                  the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                  (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                  code to
                  > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                  properly.
                  > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                  the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                • Joel Yates
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                    Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                    From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                    Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                    To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                    ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                    John

                    The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                    polls
                    Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                    terminal?

                    Mike N9PMO

                    You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                    I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                    the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                    (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                    Thank you again. 73
                    KK4HOK

                    > Charles,
                    >
                    > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                    code to
                    > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                    properly.
                    > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                    the
                    > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                    >
                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                      Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                      > N9PMO-3
                      So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                      Mike N9PMO
                      Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                      somewhere?...Joel
                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                      You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                      I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                      the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                      (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                      Thank you again. 73
                      KK4HOK

                      > Charles,
                      >
                      > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                      code to
                      > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                      properly.
                      > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                      the
                      > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                      >
                      > 73, John
                      >
                      > _____

                    • Joel Yates
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                        Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                        Thank you again. 73
                        KK4HOK

                        > Charles,
                        >
                        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                        code to
                        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                        properly.
                        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                        the
                        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                        >
                        > 73, John
                        >
                        > _____

                      • neocharles_kk4hok
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                          Sorry for the delay in response.

                          At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                          I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.