Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

  • neocharles_kk4hok
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
      Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
        Charles,

        I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly. I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.

        73, John

        Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

        Thanks!

        > Charles,
        >
        > With
        the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to

        the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script
        > is
        >
        > SEND c switch
        > WAITCON
        > SEND c
        $BBS
        > WAITPROMPT
        >
        > 73, John
        >
        > _____

      • neocharles_kk4hok
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

          Thank you again. 73
          KK4HOK

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
            Charles,

            Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

            Thanks
            John

            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            > Charles,
            >
            > I've
            just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

            pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

            I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the
            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you
            want.

            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

            Thanks!

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
            <john.wiseman@> wrote:

            > > Charles,
            > >
            > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
            always
            > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
            the bbs, A typical script
            > > is
            > >
            > > SEND c
            switch
            > > WAITCON
            > > SEND c $BBS

            WAITPROMPT

            > > 73, John
            > >
            > > _____
            > >
            > > From:
            > [mailto:
            > Of

            neocharles_kk4hok
            > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
            > > To:
            > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
            Command when Connecting via WinPack

            > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
            had some assistance from a fellow
            > ham
            > > in getting it
            configured.

            > > I am up and running, however, I am
            noticing one quirk that - to be honest
            > -
            > > I am unsure of
            whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

            > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
            it
            > > does not work. Below is what happens
            > >

            > > c lscbbs
            > > Connect
            > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
            SWITCH

            > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
            for command list

            > > Could someone possibly
            point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
            > > supposed to work
            or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
            > the

            issue?

            > > Thanks!
            > > 73
            > >
            > > Charles

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

              The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
              polls
              Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
              terminal?

              Mike N9PMO

              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              > Charles,
              >
              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
              code to
              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
              properly.
              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
              the
              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

              Behalf
              > Of
              > > neocharles_kk4hok
              > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
              > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
              > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
              > >

              > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
              fellow
              > ham
              > > in getting it configured.
              > >
              > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
              honest
              > -
              > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
              not.

              > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
              node/callsign, it
              > > does not work. Below is what happens
              > >

              > > c lscbbs
              > > Connect
              > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
              > >
              > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
              > >

              > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
              even
              > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
              experiencing
              > the
              > > issue?
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > > 73
              > >
              > > Charles

            • JOHN
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                Huh?

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Sorry, Mike.

                  I don't follow what you are saying.

                  73, John

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                  I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                  the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                  (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've
                  just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                  code to
                  > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
                  working
                  properly.
                  > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
                  spare. In the mean time
                  the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch,
                  then the station you want.

                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From:
                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                  Of
                  > neocharles_kk4hok
                  > Sent: 04 November 2012
                  18:45
                  > To:
                  > Subject:
                  [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

                  > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
                  first). Is there
                  some
                  > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
                  connect to switch and
                  then
                  > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
                  always have to be done as two
                  > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
                  in something like the Auto
                  BBS
                  > function)? Or would this be something
                  I should search more with a
                  WinPack
                  > support group?

                  Thanks!

                  <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                  > > Charles,
                  > >
                  > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
                  is
                  always
                  > > the node, So you need a second connect to
                  get to the bbs, A typical
                  script
                  > > is

                  SEND c switch
                  > > WAITCON
                  > > SEND c $BBS

                  WAITPROMPT

                  > > 73, John
                  > >
                  > > _____
                  > >
                  > > From:
                  > [mailto:
                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                  Behalf
                  > Of

                  neocharles_kk4hok
                  > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                  > > To:
                  > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                  Command when Connecting via WinPack

                  > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                  had some assistance from a
                  fellow
                  > ham
                  > > in getting it
                  configured.

                  > > I am up and running, however, I am
                  noticing one quirk that - to be
                  honest
                  > -
                  > > I am unsure of
                  whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                  not.

                  > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
                  node/callsign, it
                  > > does not work. Below is what happens
                  > >

                  > > c lscbbs
                  > > Connect

                  cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

                  > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
                  command - Enter ? for command list

                  Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                  even
                  > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
                  possibly
                  experiencing
                  > the
                  > > issue?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > 73
                  > >
                  > > Charles

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                    I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
                    on
                    The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
                    Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
                    connecting
                    via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
                    Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
                    Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

                    application call, problem solved.

                    Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
                    the
                    FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
                    TFWIN.DLL
                    Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
                    window from
                    Monitoring the FBB beacon?

                    It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

                    INITTNC1.sys as follows:
                    O 4
                    C MAIL
                    T 50
                    U 0
                    N 10
                    M IUSC
                    @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

                    The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
                    versions of BPQ32
                    The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

                    Mike N9PMO

                    You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                    I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                    the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                    (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                    Thank you again. 73
                    KK4HOK

                    > Charles,
                    >
                    > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                    code to
                    > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                    properly.
                    > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                    the
                    > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                    >
                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____

                  • Joel Yates
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                      Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                      From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                      Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                      To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                      ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                      John

                      The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                      polls
                      Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                      terminal?

                      Mike N9PMO

                      You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                      I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                      the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                      (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                      Thank you again. 73
                      KK4HOK

                      > Charles,
                      >
                      > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                      code to
                      > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                      properly.
                      > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                      the
                      > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                      >
                      > 73, John
                      >
                      > _____

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                        Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                        > N9PMO-3
                        So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                        Mike N9PMO
                        Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                        somewhere?...Joel
                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                        Thank you again. 73
                        KK4HOK

                        > Charles,
                        >
                        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                        code to
                        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                        properly.
                        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                        the
                        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                        >
                        > 73, John
                        >
                        > _____

                      • Joel Yates
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                          Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                          Thank you again. 73
                          KK4HOK

                          > Charles,
                          >
                          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                          code to
                          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                          properly.
                          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                          the
                          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                          >
                          > 73, John
                          >
                          > _____

                        • neocharles_kk4hok
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                            Sorry for the delay in response.

                            At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                            I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.