RE: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
      Charles,

      With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script is

      SEND c switch
      WAITCON
      SEND c $BBS
      WAITPROMPT
      73, John

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
        Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

        Thanks!

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
          Charles,

          I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly. I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.

          73, John

          Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

          Thanks!

          > Charles,
          >
          > With
          the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to

          the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script
          > is
          >
          > SEND c switch
          > WAITCON
          > SEND c
          $BBS
          > WAITPROMPT
          >
          > 73, John
          >
          > _____

        • neocharles_kk4hok
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

            Thank you again. 73
            KK4HOK

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
              Charles,

              Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

              Thanks
              John

              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              > Charles,
              >
              > I've
              just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

              pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

              I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the
              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you
              want.

              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

              Thanks!

              href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
              <john.wiseman@> wrote:

              > > Charles,
              > >
              > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
              always
              > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
              the bbs, A typical script
              > > is
              > >
              > > SEND c
              switch
              > > WAITCON
              > > SEND c $BBS

              WAITPROMPT

              > > 73, John
              > >
              > > _____
              > >
              > > From:
              > [mailto:
              > Of

              neocharles_kk4hok
              > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
              > > To:
              > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
              Command when Connecting via WinPack

              > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
              had some assistance from a fellow
              > ham
              > > in getting it
              configured.

              > > I am up and running, however, I am
              noticing one quirk that - to be honest
              > -
              > > I am unsure of
              whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

              > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
              it
              > > does not work. Below is what happens
              > >

              > > c lscbbs
              > > Connect
              > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
              SWITCH

              > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
              for command list

              > > Could someone possibly
              point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
              > > supposed to work
              or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
              > the

              issue?

              > > Thanks!
              > > 73
              > >
              > > Charles

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                polls
                Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                terminal?

                Mike N9PMO

                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                > Charles,
                >
                > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                code to
                > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                properly.
                > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                the
                > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                >
                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

                Behalf
                > Of
                > > neocharles_kk4hok
                > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
                > >

                > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
                fellow
                > ham
                > > in getting it configured.
                > >
                > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
                honest
                > -
                > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                not.

                > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
                node/callsign, it
                > > does not work. Below is what happens
                > >

                > > c lscbbs
                > > Connect
                > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
                > >
                > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                > >

                > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                even
                > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
                experiencing
                > the
                > > issue?
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > > 73
                > >
                > > Charles

              • JOHN
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                  Huh?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                    Sorry, Mike.

                    I don't follow what you are saying.

                    73, John

                    You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                    I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                    the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                    (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                    Thank you again. 73
                    KK4HOK

                    > Charles,
                    >
                    > I've
                    just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                    code to
                    > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
                    working
                    properly.
                    > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
                    spare. In the mean time
                    the
                    > only was is to connect to the switch,
                    then the station you want.

                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____
                    >
                    > From:
                    href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                    Of
                    > neocharles_kk4hok
                    > Sent: 04 November 2012
                    18:45
                    > To:
                    > Subject:
                    [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

                    > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
                    first). Is there
                    some
                    > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
                    connect to switch and
                    then
                    > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
                    always have to be done as two
                    > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
                    in something like the Auto
                    BBS
                    > function)? Or would this be something
                    I should search more with a
                    WinPack
                    > support group?

                    Thanks!

                    <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                    > > Charles,
                    > >
                    > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
                    is
                    always
                    > > the node, So you need a second connect to
                    get to the bbs, A typical
                    script
                    > > is

                    SEND c switch
                    > > WAITCON
                    > > SEND c $BBS

                    WAITPROMPT

                    > > 73, John
                    > >
                    > > _____
                    > >
                    > > From:
                    > [mailto:
                    href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                    Behalf
                    > Of

                    neocharles_kk4hok
                    > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                    > > To:
                    > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                    Command when Connecting via WinPack

                    > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                    had some assistance from a
                    fellow
                    > ham
                    > > in getting it
                    configured.

                    > > I am up and running, however, I am
                    noticing one quirk that - to be
                    honest
                    > -
                    > > I am unsure of
                    whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                    not.

                    > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
                    node/callsign, it
                    > > does not work. Below is what happens
                    > >

                    > > c lscbbs
                    > > Connect

                    cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

                    > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
                    command - Enter ? for command list

                    Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                    even
                    > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
                    possibly
                    experiencing
                    > the
                    > > issue?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > > 73
                    > >
                    > > Charles

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                      I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
                      on
                      The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
                      Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
                      connecting
                      via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
                      Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
                      Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

                      application call, problem solved.

                      Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
                      the
                      FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
                      TFWIN.DLL
                      Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
                      window from
                      Monitoring the FBB beacon?

                      It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

                      INITTNC1.sys as follows:
                      O 4
                      C MAIL
                      T 50
                      U 0
                      N 10
                      M IUSC
                      @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

                      The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
                      versions of BPQ32
                      The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

                      Mike N9PMO

                      You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                      I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                      the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                      (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                      Thank you again. 73
                      KK4HOK

                      > Charles,
                      >
                      > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                      code to
                      > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                      properly.
                      > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                      the
                      > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                      >
                      > 73, John
                      >
                      > _____

                    • Joel Yates
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                        Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                        From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                        To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                        John

                        The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                        polls
                        Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                        terminal?

                        Mike N9PMO

                        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                        Thank you again. 73
                        KK4HOK

                        > Charles,
                        >
                        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                        code to
                        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                        properly.
                        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                        the
                        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                        >
                        > 73, John
                        >
                        > _____

                      • Mike
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                          Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                          > N9PMO-3
                          So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                          Mike N9PMO
                          Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                          somewhere?...Joel
                          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                          Thank you again. 73
                          KK4HOK

                          > Charles,
                          >
                          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                          code to
                          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                          properly.
                          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                          the
                          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                          >
                          > 73, John
                          >
                          > _____

                        • Joel Yates
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                            Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                            Thank you again. 73
                            KK4HOK

                            > Charles,
                            >
                            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                            code to
                            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                            properly.
                            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                            the
                            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                            >
                            > 73, John
                            >
                            > _____

                          • neocharles_kk4hok
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                              Sorry for the delay in response.

                              At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                              I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.