RE: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2012

      Charles

                      Sound like WinPack is responding with something in response to the UA from BPQ.I thing your problem is with WinPack and not BPQ.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
        Charles,

        With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script is

        SEND c switch
        WAITCON
        SEND c $BBS
        WAITPROMPT
        73, John

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
          Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

          Thanks!

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
            Charles,

            I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly. I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.

            73, John

            Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

            Thanks!

            > Charles,
            >
            > With
            the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to

            the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script
            > is
            >
            > SEND c switch
            > WAITCON
            > SEND c
            $BBS
            > WAITPROMPT
            >
            > 73, John
            >
            > _____

          • neocharles_kk4hok
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

              Thank you again. 73
              KK4HOK

              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                Charles,

                Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

                Thanks
                John

                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                > Charles,
                >
                > I've
                just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

                pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

                I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the
                > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you
                want.

                > 73, John
                >
                > _____

                Thanks!

                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                > > Charles,
                > >
                > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
                always
                > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
                the bbs, A typical script
                > > is
                > >
                > > SEND c
                switch
                > > WAITCON
                > > SEND c $BBS

                WAITPROMPT

                > > 73, John
                > >
                > > _____
                > >
                > > From:
                > [mailto:
                > Of

                neocharles_kk4hok
                > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                > > To:
                > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                Command when Connecting via WinPack

                > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                had some assistance from a fellow
                > ham
                > > in getting it
                configured.

                > > I am up and running, however, I am
                noticing one quirk that - to be honest
                > -
                > > I am unsure of
                whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

                > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
                it
                > > does not work. Below is what happens
                > >

                > > c lscbbs
                > > Connect
                > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
                SWITCH

                > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
                for command list

                > > Could someone possibly
                point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
                > > supposed to work
                or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
                > the

                issue?

                > > Thanks!
                > > 73
                > >
                > > Charles

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                  The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                  polls
                  Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                  terminal?

                  Mike N9PMO

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                  I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                  the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                  (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                  code to
                  > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                  properly.
                  > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                  the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                  Behalf
                  > Of
                  > > neocharles_kk4hok
                  > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                  > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
                  > >

                  > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
                  fellow
                  > ham
                  > > in getting it configured.
                  > >
                  > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
                  honest
                  > -
                  > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                  not.

                  > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
                  node/callsign, it
                  > > does not work. Below is what happens
                  > >

                  > > c lscbbs
                  > > Connect
                  > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
                  > >
                  > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                  > >

                  > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                  even
                  > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
                  experiencing
                  > the
                  > > issue?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks!
                  > > 73
                  > >
                  > > Charles

                • JOHN
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                    Huh?

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                      Sorry, Mike.

                      I don't follow what you are saying.

                      73, John

                      You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                      I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                      the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                      (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                      Thank you again. 73
                      KK4HOK

                      > Charles,
                      >
                      > I've
                      just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                      code to
                      > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
                      working
                      properly.
                      > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
                      spare. In the mean time
                      the
                      > only was is to connect to the switch,
                      then the station you want.

                      > 73, John
                      >
                      > _____
                      >
                      > From:
                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                      Of
                      > neocharles_kk4hok
                      > Sent: 04 November 2012
                      18:45
                      > To:
                      > Subject:
                      [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

                      > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
                      first). Is there
                      some
                      > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
                      connect to switch and
                      then
                      > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
                      always have to be done as two
                      > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
                      in something like the Auto
                      BBS
                      > function)? Or would this be something
                      I should search more with a
                      WinPack
                      > support group?

                      Thanks!

                      <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                      > > Charles,
                      > >
                      > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
                      is
                      always
                      > > the node, So you need a second connect to
                      get to the bbs, A typical
                      script
                      > > is

                      SEND c switch
                      > > WAITCON
                      > > SEND c $BBS

                      WAITPROMPT

                      > > 73, John
                      > >
                      > > _____
                      > >
                      > > From:
                      > [mailto:
                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                      Behalf
                      > Of

                      neocharles_kk4hok
                      > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                      > > To:
                      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                      Command when Connecting via WinPack

                      > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                      had some assistance from a
                      fellow
                      > ham
                      > > in getting it
                      configured.

                      > > I am up and running, however, I am
                      noticing one quirk that - to be
                      honest
                      > -
                      > > I am unsure of
                      whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                      not.

                      > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
                      node/callsign, it
                      > > does not work. Below is what happens
                      > >

                      > > c lscbbs
                      > > Connect

                      cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

                      > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
                      command - Enter ? for command list

                      Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                      even
                      > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
                      possibly
                      experiencing
                      > the
                      > > issue?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks!
                      > > 73
                      > >
                      > > Charles

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                        I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
                        on
                        The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
                        Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
                        connecting
                        via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
                        Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
                        Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

                        application call, problem solved.

                        Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
                        the
                        FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
                        TFWIN.DLL
                        Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
                        window from
                        Monitoring the FBB beacon?

                        It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

                        INITTNC1.sys as follows:
                        O 4
                        C MAIL
                        T 50
                        U 0
                        N 10
                        M IUSC
                        @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

                        The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
                        versions of BPQ32
                        The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

                        Mike N9PMO

                        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                        Thank you again. 73
                        KK4HOK

                        > Charles,
                        >
                        > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                        code to
                        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                        properly.
                        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                        the
                        > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                        >
                        > 73, John
                        >
                        > _____

                      • Joel Yates
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                          Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                          From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                          Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                          To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                          ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                          John

                          The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                          polls
                          Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                          terminal?

                          Mike N9PMO

                          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                          Thank you again. 73
                          KK4HOK

                          > Charles,
                          >
                          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                          code to
                          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                          properly.
                          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                          the
                          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                          >
                          > 73, John
                          >
                          > _____

                        • Mike
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                            Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                            > N9PMO-3
                            So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                            Mike N9PMO
                            Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                            somewhere?...Joel
                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                            Thank you again. 73
                            KK4HOK

                            > Charles,
                            >
                            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                            code to
                            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                            properly.
                            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                            the
                            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                            >
                            > 73, John
                            >
                            > _____

                          • Joel Yates
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                              Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                              Thank you again. 73
                              KK4HOK

                              > Charles,
                              >
                              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                              code to
                              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                              properly.
                              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                              the
                              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                              >
                              > 73, John
                              >
                              > _____

                            • neocharles_kk4hok
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                                Sorry for the delay in response.

                                At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                                I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.