Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

  • neocharles_kk4hok
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2012
      I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a fellow ham in getting it configured.

      I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be honest - I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

      Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign, it does not work.  Below is what happens

      c lscbbs
      Connect
      cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

      MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list

      Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this even supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing the issue?

      Thanks!
      73

      Charles
    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2012

        Charles

                        Sound like WinPack is responding with something in response to the UA from BPQ.I thing your problem is with WinPack and not BPQ.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
          Charles,

          With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script is

          SEND c switch
          WAITCON
          SEND c $BBS
          WAITPROMPT
          73, John

          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
            Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
              Charles,

              I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly. I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.

              73, John

              Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch first). Is there some way to when I type c ____ it can automatically connect to switch and then whatever station I typed in? Or will it always have to be done as two separate steps (unless I have it scripted in something like the Auto BBS function)? Or would this be something I should search more with a WinPack support group?

              Thanks!

              > Charles,
              >
              > With
              the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is always to

              the node, So you need a second connect to get to the bbs, A typical script
              > is
              >
              > SEND c switch
              > WAITCON
              > SEND c
              $BBS
              > WAITPROMPT
              >
              > 73, John
              >
              > _____

            • neocharles_kk4hok
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 4, 2012
                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                Thank you again. 73
                KK4HOK

                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                  Charles,

                  Can you try this and let me know how it goes? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQHostModes.exe

                  Thanks
                  John

                  You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut. I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                  Thank you again. 73
                  KK4HOK

                  > Charles,
                  >
                  > I've
                  just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add code to

                  pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working properly.

                  I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time the
                  > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you
                  want.

                  > 73, John
                  >
                  > _____

                  Thanks!

                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                  <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                  > > Charles,
                  > >
                  > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect is
                  always
                  > > the node, So you need a second connect to get to
                  the bbs, A typical script
                  > > is
                  > >
                  > > SEND c
                  switch
                  > > WAITCON
                  > > SEND c $BBS

                  WAITPROMPT

                  > > 73, John
                  > >
                  > > _____
                  > >
                  > > From:
                  > [mailto:
                  > Of

                  neocharles_kk4hok
                  > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                  > > To:
                  > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                  Command when Connecting via WinPack

                  > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                  had some assistance from a fellow
                  > ham
                  > > in getting it
                  configured.

                  > > I am up and running, however, I am
                  noticing one quirk that - to be honest
                  > -
                  > > I am unsure of
                  whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or not.

                  > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a node/callsign,
                  it
                  > > does not work. Below is what happens
                  > >

                  > > c lscbbs
                  > > Connect
                  > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to
                  SWITCH

                  > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ?
                  for command list

                  > > Could someone possibly
                  point me in the right direction on A) Is this even
                  > > supposed to work
                  or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly experiencing
                  > the

                  issue?

                  > > Thanks!
                  > > 73
                  > >
                  > > Charles

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                    The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                    polls
                    Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                    terminal?

                    Mike N9PMO

                    You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                    I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                    the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                    (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                    Thank you again. 73
                    KK4HOK

                    > Charles,
                    >
                    > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                    code to
                    > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                    properly.
                    > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                    the
                    > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                    >
                    > 73, John
                    >
                    > _____

                    Behalf
                    > Of
                    > > neocharles_kk4hok
                    > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                    > > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack
                    > >

                    > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and had some assistance from a
                    fellow
                    > ham
                    > > in getting it configured.
                    > >
                    > > I am up and running, however, I am noticing one quirk that - to be
                    honest
                    > -
                    > > I am unsure of whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                    not.

                    > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to a
                    node/callsign, it
                    > > does not work. Below is what happens
                    > >

                    > > c lscbbs
                    > > Connect
                    > > cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH
                    > >
                    > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid command - Enter ? for command list
                    > >

                    > > Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                    even
                    > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I possibly
                    experiencing
                    > the
                    > > issue?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks!
                    > > 73
                    > >
                    > > Charles

                  • JOHN
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                      Huh?

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                        Sorry, Mike.

                        I don't follow what you are saying.

                        73, John

                        You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                        I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                        the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                        (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                        Thank you again. 73
                        KK4HOK

                        > Charles,
                        >
                        > I've
                        just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                        code to
                        > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't
                        working
                        properly.
                        > I'll look into it when I have a little time to
                        spare. In the mean time
                        the
                        > only was is to connect to the switch,
                        then the station you want.

                        > 73, John
                        >
                        > _____
                        >
                        > From:
                        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
                        Of
                        > neocharles_kk4hok
                        > Sent: 04 November 2012
                        18:45
                        > To:
                        > Subject:
                        [BPQ32] Re: Invalid Command when Connecting via WinPack

                        > Okay - That makes sense (having to connect to switch
                        first). Is there
                        some
                        > way to when I type c ____ it can automatically
                        connect to switch and
                        then
                        > whatever station I typed in? Or will it
                        always have to be done as two
                        > separate steps (unless I have it scripted
                        in something like the Auto
                        BBS
                        > function)? Or would this be something
                        I should search more with a
                        WinPack
                        > support group?

                        Thanks!

                        <john.wiseman@> wrote:

                        > > Charles,
                        > >
                        > > With the DED mode interface used by Winpack, the fiist connect
                        is
                        always
                        > > the node, So you need a second connect to
                        get to the bbs, A typical
                        script
                        > > is

                        SEND c switch
                        > > WAITCON
                        > > SEND c $BBS

                        WAITPROMPT

                        > > 73, John
                        > >
                        > > _____
                        > >
                        > > From:
                        > [mailto:
                        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
                        Behalf
                        > Of

                        neocharles_kk4hok
                        > > Sent: 03 November 2012 23:09
                        > > To:
                        > > Subject: [BPQ32] Invalid
                        Command when Connecting via WinPack

                        > > I am extremely new to using BPQ32 and
                        had some assistance from a
                        fellow
                        > ham
                        > > in getting it
                        configured.

                        > > I am up and running, however, I am
                        noticing one quirk that - to be
                        honest
                        > -
                        > > I am unsure of
                        whether or not it's supposed to even work this way or
                        not.

                        > > Whenever I open Winpack, and I try to connect right to
                        node/callsign, it
                        > > does not work. Below is what happens
                        > >

                        > > c lscbbs
                        > > Connect

                        cmd:(1) CONNECTED to SWITCH

                        > > MONHOK:KK4HOK-7} Invalid
                        command - Enter ? for command list

                        Could someone possibly point me in the right direction on A) Is this
                        even
                        > > supposed to work or not, and B) If so, where am I
                        possibly
                        experiencing
                        > the
                        > > issue?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks!
                        > > 73
                        > >
                        > > Charles

                      • Mike
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012

                          I found the problem, Winpack is on my test machine with BPQ32, bpq32.cfg
                          on
                          The test machine is a copy from the packet machine, on the test machine
                          Used N9PMO as the Winpack BBS application call, so stations were
                          connecting
                          via AXIP to N9PMO (FBB on the Packet computer) but also were connecting
                          Winpack, when a connection to N9PMO was made, it would open the Winpack
                          Terminal window automatically, I just added a unused SSID to the Winpack

                          application call, problem solved.

                          Another note, I notice that FBB 7.00i Monitor window no-longer monitors
                          the
                          FBB beacon sent but does show in BPQ Monitor, when you changed the
                          TFWIN.DLL
                          Or its copy bpqded32.dll did you make a change to stop FBB monitor
                          window from
                          Monitoring the FBB beacon?

                          It also looks like it is no-longer monitoring supervisory frames ether?

                          INITTNC1.sys as follows:
                          O 4
                          C MAIL
                          T 50
                          U 0
                          N 10
                          M IUSC
                          @255 1 1 < with or without no difference

                          The last line @255 1 1 mask does not seem to have any affect, in earlier
                          versions of BPQ32
                          The last line had to be there for the monitor window to show anything?

                          Mike N9PMO

                          You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                          I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                          the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                          (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                          Thank you again. 73
                          KK4HOK

                          > Charles,
                          >
                          > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                          code to
                          > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                          properly.
                          > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                          the
                          > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                          >
                          > 73, John
                          >
                          > _____

                        • Joel Yates
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                            Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg somewhere?...Joel
                            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                            From: "Mike" <mmelnik1@...>
                            Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 09:02:21 -0600
                            To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                            John

                            The new .EXE solved the problem with the cmd: but when ever a station
                            polls
                            Or connects to the BPQ node, it automatically brings up the Winpack
                            terminal?

                            Mike N9PMO

                            You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                            I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                            the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                            (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                            Thank you again. 73
                            KK4HOK

                            > Charles,
                            >
                            > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                            code to
                            > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                            properly.
                            > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                            the
                            > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                            >
                            > 73, John
                            >
                            > _____

                          • Mike
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                              Yes Joel, The application call bpq32.cfg is where I added the SSID N9PMO
                              > N9PMO-3
                              So one would have to use the BBS command or C N9PMO-3 in the switch

                              Mike N9PMO
                              Mike, Wouldn't that be an Allies or call assignment in cfg
                              somewhere?...Joel
                              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                              You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                              I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                              the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                              (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                              Thank you again. 73
                              KK4HOK

                              > Charles,
                              >
                              > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                              code to
                              > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                              properly.
                              > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                              the
                              > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                              >
                              > 73, John
                              >
                              > _____

                            • Joel Yates
                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                                Mike, Are you talking about when connecting to N9PMO-2 ? ...Joel
                                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                                You're awesome. Thanks! I'm always looking for a way to take a shortcut.
                                I'm loving everything I am seeing with this, and am looking to expand
                                the county's presence on the Packet Network with this on a few sites
                                (hopefully). Looking forward to what else this has to deliver.

                                Thank you again. 73
                                KK4HOK

                                > Charles,
                                >
                                > I've just had another look at the code, and I did in fact try to add
                                code to
                                > pass connect request through to the node, but it isn't working
                                properly.
                                > I'll look into it when I have a little time to spare. In the mean time
                                the
                                > only was is to connect to the switch, then the station you want.
                                >
                                > 73, John
                                >
                                > _____

                              • neocharles_kk4hok
                                Message 15 of 15 , Nov 5, 2012
                                  Sorry for the delay in response.

                                  At first glance, this seems to be working very well. At the main prompt in WinPack, I can type 'c 1 mon7nc' (a node that is RF only), and it connects right through!

                                  I'll play around with it some more this evening, but it looks to be good.