Re: [BPQ32] outpost and logging into bbs automatically

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 2, 2012
      Click "SETUP"
      Click "BBS"
      Click "BBS PATH"
      Click "KA NODE"
      Click "Setup/Update Path"
      Then fill in the necessary information.

      73
      Dave WB2HVF

      On 11/2/2012 10:05 AM, David Bird wrote:

      It sounds like you are entering through the node rather than directly to the BBS. Do you have a separate callsign alias for the BBS and are you able to connect directly to the BBS during a normal session? Make sure the alias is defined in the Outpost BBS definition.

      It works great in my configuration with Outpost telnet.
      73, Dave.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2012
        Ok so I have Outpost working on the same computer connecting through telnet. Comes up to bbs and sends and receives messages. My buddy who is trying to use outpost to connect through the air gets stopped at the CTEXT. He has to type in BBS to access the BBS if he connects with a terminal mode. Outpost stops at the ctext and will not enter BBS command. tried to use user defined prompts in outpost but didn't work. Any other ideas. This is part of my config with callsign and alias.

        NODECALL=K1JTC-10 ; Node callsign
        NODEALIAS=ANTBBS ; Node alias (6 characters max)

        Thanks for your help in advance.
        Jeff

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2012
          Jeff

          You need to set up a callsign for the BBS. If the BBS is application 1 you can use the old BBSCALL config statement, but the current way to do it is with the APPLICATION statement, eg
          APPLICATION 1,BBS,,G8BPQ,BPQPMS,255
          73, John

          Ok so I have Outpost working on the same computer connecting through telnet. Comes up to bbs and sends and receives messages. My buddy who is trying to use outpost to connect through the air gets stopped at the CTEXT. He has to type in BBS to access the BBS if he connects with a terminal mode. Outpost stops at the ctext and will not enter BBS command. tried to use user defined prompts in outpost but didn't work. Any other ideas. This is part of my config with callsign and alias.

          NODECALL=K1JTC-10 ; Node callsign
          NODEALIAS=ANTBBS ; Node alias (6 characters max)

          Thanks for your help in advance.
          Jeff

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Dave <druliefw@...> wrote:

          > Click "SETUP"
          > Click
          "BBS"

          k1jtc <jeffrey.t.clark@...>

          *Sent:* Friday, November 2, 2012 12:38 AM
          > > *Subject:* [BPQ32]
          outpost and logging into bbs automatically

          > > I can
          connect to the BBS using outpost but it wants me to type in the

          BBS command so I can send messages. Is there a way to automate this?
          > > Sorry for the simple questions but I have been searching to find a way
          > > to do this.
          > >
          > > 73

          k1jtc

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 2, 2012
            Your BBS should have a different callsign-ssid from the node and have it's own alias. See the message John sent you.   Your friend should be able to connect directly to your bbs by connecting to the BBS's call or alias and not have to worry about the KA node config.
            If he has to connect to a KA node external to your BPQ node than that is a different story. It might be easier to use the nodes as digi's and use that option.
            What is the call and alias of the BBS itself?
            Dave