10-31-12 - BPQ REMOTE SYSOP MODE

  • David Bird
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
      First, Happy Halloween,

      I am trying to understand the BPQ Remote SYSOP access. I am looking at the documentation and reference to random numbers in the range of the length of the password string. I see the random numbers but the example does not make sense to me. On the system I am trying to access, this is the dialog:

      password
      3FPEAK:WA7RYV-10} 01 01 01 01 01

      I presume the '01' corresponds to the first character in the string? Which/what string?
      I have tried 'password 33333' and 'password 11111' and does not return anything. I type 'persist' it returns 'SYSOP Command....'

      Therefore, what does the '01' point to? and what should be the correct password string in this example?

      73, Dave
      WA7RYV
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
        Dave,

        The password is specified in the BPQ32.cfg file, eg

        PASSWORD=ASDFFDGGFHJKWERTTYUUYTGFFGHGHJJKHTRFVFDG

        You are getting 01 01 01 01 01 because you haven't defined a password, Once you do you will get different numbers. If for example you got 02 03 04 05 06 you would enter

        SDFFD (chars 2-6 from the string)

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31, 2012
          John,

          Thanks again, now it makes sense. I was not making the connection to the password string in the config file.

          73, Dave