Re: DISABL or OFF nodes?

  • Karl
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
      DISABL has everything to do with Winlink Check the following website
      and read Q/A on Page 65.. Q9350

      http://home.earthlink.net/~k7bfl/WL2K_FAQ.pdf

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Is anybody else noticing bogus nodes like the "DISABL" node shown
      in this
      > screen-capture?
      >
      > http://www.rgvham.com/rgvforum/index.php/topic,21.0.html
      >
      > It has no callsign to go with the alias, and it prevents NetRom and
      BPQ
      > NODES lists from working properly.
      >
      > Besides "DISABL", I have also noted an "OFF" node here from time to
      time.

      > These bogus nodes are local, but only show up during band openings
      when it
      > is possible to node-hop out of our area.
      >
      > They first appeared after a TELPAC node was installed at the local
      police
      > department by a "ham" that nobody here knows and who does not
      participate in
      > any of the local nets, etc...
      >
      > During a band opening where DISABL was not active here, I node-
      hopped a few
      > hundred miles up the Texas coast - and found another "DISABL" node
      up there!

      > Heads up, folks. - The WinLinkers do not like networked packet
      radio and
      > apparently are out to "DISABL" our ability to utilize it.
      >
      > Time to drag out the RDF gear, eh?
      >
      > 73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL
      > USPacket.Org

    • Cap Pennell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
        As I see it, the main problem is Kantronics set IDINT 10 as the default in
        that particular TNC version. Setting IDINT 0 solves the problem. But
        that's only based on my experience with this TNC. YMMV.

        I'll share my experience with Don K7BFL, and hope it helps. Thanks. Now,
        back to BPQ32.
        73, Cap KE6AFE