Outpost Telnet Connection

  • k1jtc
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
      I don't want to be new but I am to both Ham Radio and Packet. I have setup BPQ and am trying to get outpost to link through telnet. When I go to send/receive it tries to connect which it does and puts in my username but then stops at password. I type in the password and enter and nothing happens. I can connect fine through the dos prompt. Any help would be apprieciated.

      73
      Jeff
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
        You will need to use the TCP port for FBBPORT=

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
          If the DOS prompt entry works then the Telnet port is working. When I configured Outpost I had a similar problem. I determined that the user and password configured for Outpost must match exactly the definitions in BPQ including the port number. If Outpost is configured to use Tactical Callsign, the tactical call is sent as the user name and not what is configured in the Telnet TNC. Watch the send/receive dialog carefully and make sure it is sending what you expect. Trying to manually enter values in the send/receive dialog box does not work. Also, make sure the user and login prompts in BPQ match what is configured in Outpost. By carefully matching the prompts and responses I was able to make it work flawlessly.
          You can also verify Outpost connectivity by using the Telnet interactive session to verify both the prompts and the responses expected.

          73, Dave
          WA7RYV

          I don't want to be new but I am to both Ham Radio and Packet. I have setup BPQ and am trying to get outpost to link through telnet. When I go to send/receive it tries to connect which it does and puts in my username but then stops at password. I type in the password and enter and nothing happens. I can connect fine through the dos prompt. Any help would be apprieciated.

          73
          Jeff

        • Ken Jacobs

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012
              It looks like it was a prompt problem. Now it connects and get the prompt but it just sits there and doesn't send the message to the bbs. I have everything running on one machine. It should still work right? It tries to connect to the bbs but fails maybe because I am on the same machine and it is trying to contact through the tnc. Any help would be appreciated.

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, David Bird <db.mediaint@...> wrote:

              > If the DOS prompt entry works then the Telnet port is working. When I configured Outpost I had a similar problem. I determined that the user and password configured for Outpost must match exactly the definitions in BPQ including the port number. If Outpost is configured to use Tactical Callsign, the tactical call is sent as the user name and not what is configured in the Telnet TNC. Watch the send/receive dialog carefully and make sure it is sending what you expect. Trying to manually enter values in the send/receive dialog box does not work. Also, make sure the user and login prompts in BPQ match what is configured in Outpost. By carefully matching the prompts and responses I was able to make it work flawlessly.
              > You can also verify Outpost connectivity by using the Telnet interactive session to verify both the prompts and the responses expected.
              >
              > 73, Dave
              > WA7RYV

            • N9ACQ
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2012

                Dave

                                Have you configured your Outpost BBS connection to your BBS? Did this may years ago but then switched to WinPack and lately Windows Mail.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

              • Dave