RE: [BPQ32] DISABL or OFF nodes?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008

      Just sent you my Nodes.DAT it is in there.

      Mike Melnik
      N9PMO
      E-Mails Scanned By Symantec Corporate A/V

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
        DISABL has everything to do with Winlink Check the following website
        and read Q/A on Page 65.. Q9350

        http://home.earthlink.net/~k7bfl/WL2K_FAQ.pdf

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Is anybody else noticing bogus nodes like the "DISABL" node shown
        in this
        > screen-capture?
        >
        > http://www.rgvham.com/rgvforum/index.php/topic,21.0.html
        >
        > It has no callsign to go with the alias, and it prevents NetRom and
        BPQ
        > NODES lists from working properly.
        >
        > Besides "DISABL", I have also noted an "OFF" node here from time to
        time.

        > These bogus nodes are local, but only show up during band openings
        when it
        > is possible to node-hop out of our area.
        >
        > They first appeared after a TELPAC node was installed at the local
        police
        > department by a "ham" that nobody here knows and who does not
        participate in
        > any of the local nets, etc...
        >
        > During a band opening where DISABL was not active here, I node-
        hopped a few
        > hundred miles up the Texas coast - and found another "DISABL" node
        up there!

        > Heads up, folks. - The WinLinkers do not like networked packet
        radio and
        > apparently are out to "DISABL" our ability to utilize it.
        >
        > Time to drag out the RDF gear, eh?
        >
        > 73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL
        > USPacket.Org

      • Cap Pennell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
          As I see it, the main problem is Kantronics set IDINT 10 as the default in
          that particular TNC version. Setting IDINT 0 solves the problem. But
          that's only based on my experience with this TNC. YMMV.

          I'll share my experience with Don K7BFL, and hope it helps. Thanks. Now,
          back to BPQ32.
          73, Cap KE6AFE