Re: [BPQ32] Newbie probably totally uninformed question

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
      John,
      I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of RMS Packet but still be able to use WL2k. How does that work? I can't seem to find any reference in the docs.
      73
      Dave
      WB2HVF

      On 10/23/2012 3:55 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      Don,

      Yes, it can get complicated if you want flexibility! But you probably don't need RMS Packet - BPQ32 includes an equivalent Packet to WL2K function.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
        Dave,

        It is provided by the telnet driver. See section "BPQ32 to CMS Gateway" in http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

        If you set up an application line like that described - eg APPLICATION 4,RMS,C 3 CMS,G8BPQ-10,BPQRMS,255 anyone connecting to g8bpq-10, either directly or via the NETROM network, will connect to WL2K.

        As I suspected it was an incredibly naive question. Thanks for your
        patience with me!

        If I am not careful, I am sensing an increbily amusing stack of
        software here: I already use AGWPE, add BPQ32, and BPQVKISS for sound
        card support of RMS Express, add RMS Packet on top of AGWPE, and add
        BPQ Mail and Chat on BPQ32.

        I sense that I better think this through carefully!

        Thanks for your help!

        73,
        AB1PH
        Don Rolph

        On 10/23/12, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
        > Don,
        >
        > BPQ32 is a packet (and other modes including Pactor and WINMOR) switch.The
        > installation documents give examples of how to set this up with a variety
        > of
        > comms links.
        >
        > There are a number of applications that can run on top of the switch to
        > provide bulletin board functionality. One of these is BPQMailChat.
        > Documentation for that is at
        >

        > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2
        > 0Server.htm
        >
        > I don't think there is a standard for SSID - a typical BPQ32 installation
        > will use several, one for the node, and one for each of the applications
        > you
        > run with it.
        >
        > 73, John G8BPQ
        >
        > _____

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
          John,
          Thank you. That worked. It's actually so simple, I wonder why I didn't do it before.
          The only thing that threw me a curve was that I had to restart the whole program after shutting RMSPacket down. Re-reading the config using the console did not work.
          73
          Dave