RE: [BPQ32] Newbie probably totally uninformed question

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
      Don,

      Yes, it can get complicated if you want flexibility! But you probably don't need RMS Packet - BPQ32 includes an equivalent Packet to WL2K function.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
        John,
        I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of RMS Packet but still be able to use WL2k. How does that work? I can't seem to find any reference in the docs.
        73
        Dave
        WB2HVF

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
          Dave,

          It is provided by the telnet driver. See section "BPQ32 to CMS Gateway" in http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

          If you set up an application line like that described - eg APPLICATION 4,RMS,C 3 CMS,G8BPQ-10,BPQRMS,255 anyone connecting to g8bpq-10, either directly or via the NETROM network, will connect to WL2K.

          As I suspected it was an incredibly naive question. Thanks for your
          patience with me!

          If I am not careful, I am sensing an increbily amusing stack of
          software here: I already use AGWPE, add BPQ32, and BPQVKISS for sound
          card support of RMS Express, add RMS Packet on top of AGWPE, and add
          BPQ Mail and Chat on BPQ32.

          I sense that I better think this through carefully!

          Thanks for your help!

          73,
          AB1PH
          Don Rolph

          On 10/23/12, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
          > Don,
          >
          > BPQ32 is a packet (and other modes including Pactor and WINMOR) switch.The
          > installation documents give examples of how to set this up with a variety
          > of
          > comms links.
          >
          > There are a number of applications that can run on top of the switch to
          > provide bulletin board functionality. One of these is BPQMailChat.
          > Documentation for that is at
          >

          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2
          > 0Server.htm
          >
          > I don't think there is a standard for SSID - a typical BPQ32 installation
          > will use several, one for the node, and one for each of the applications
          > you
          > run with it.
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >
          > _____

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
            John,
            Thank you. That worked. It's actually so simple, I wonder why I didn't do it before.
            The only thing that threw me a curve was that I had to restart the whole program after shutting RMSPacket down. Re-reading the config using the console did not work.
            73
            Dave