Re: [BPQ32] Newbie probably totally uninformed question

  • Don Rolph
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
      Got it

      As I suspected it was an incredibly naive question. Thanks for your
      patience with me!

      If I am not careful, I am sensing an increbily amusing stack of
      software here: I already use AGWPE, add BPQ32, and BPQVKISS for sound
      card support of RMS Express, add RMS Packet on top of AGWPE, and add
      BPQ Mail and Chat on BPQ32.

      I sense that I better think this through carefully!

      Thanks for your help!

      73,
      AB1PH
      Don Rolph

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
        Don,

        Yes, it can get complicated if you want flexibility! But you probably don't need RMS Packet - BPQ32 includes an equivalent Packet to WL2K function.

        73, John

        href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2

        0Server.htm

        > I don't think there is a standard for SSID - a
        typical BPQ32 installation
        > will use several, one for the node, and one
        for each of the applications
        > you
        > run with it.

        73, John G8BPQ

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don

        href="http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#">http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ32%20Installation.htm#

        ExamplesLargeWithAGWPE

        > Also, what is the typical SSID used for
        BQ32?

        > Thanks!
        >
        > 73,
        > AB1PH
        > Don
        Rolph

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 23, 2012
          John,
          I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of RMS Packet but still be able to use WL2k. How does that work? I can't seem to find any reference in the docs.
          73
          Dave
          WB2HVF

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
            Dave,

            It is provided by the telnet driver. See section "BPQ32 to CMS Gateway" in http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/TelnetServer.htm

            If you set up an application line like that described - eg APPLICATION 4,RMS,C 3 CMS,G8BPQ-10,BPQRMS,255 anyone connecting to g8bpq-10, either directly or via the NETROM network, will connect to WL2K.

            As I suspected it was an incredibly naive question. Thanks for your
            patience with me!

            If I am not careful, I am sensing an increbily amusing stack of
            software here: I already use AGWPE, add BPQ32, and BPQVKISS for sound
            card support of RMS Express, add RMS Packet on top of AGWPE, and add
            BPQ Mail and Chat on BPQ32.

            I sense that I better think this through carefully!

            Thanks for your help!

            73,
            AB1PH
            Don Rolph

            On 10/23/12, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
            > Don,
            >
            > BPQ32 is a packet (and other modes including Pactor and WINMOR) switch.The
            > installation documents give examples of how to set this up with a variety
            > of
            > comms links.
            >
            > There are a number of applications that can run on top of the switch to
            > provide bulletin board functionality. One of these is BPQMailChat.
            > Documentation for that is at
            >

            > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2
            > 0Server.htm
            >
            > I don't think there is a standard for SSID - a typical BPQ32 installation
            > will use several, one for the node, and one for each of the applications
            > you
            > run with it.
            >
            > 73, John G8BPQ
            >
            > _____

          • Dave
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 24, 2012
              John,
              Thank you. That worked. It's actually so simple, I wonder why I didn't do it before.
              The only thing that threw me a curve was that I had to restart the whole program after shutting RMSPacket down. Re-reading the config using the console did not work.
              73
              Dave