RE: [BPQ32] DISABL or OFF nodes?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
      Hi,

      If you have one of these bogus nodes in your nodes list could you send me a copy of your BPQNODES.DAT? The BPQ32 code attempts to validate the calls received in 'NODES' broadcasts, but these seem to be slipping through, somehow.

      Thanks,
      John G8BPQ

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
        Hi John, I don't have any right now but at night I do see the DISABL
        quite a bit at N4JOA-3
        so when I see it again I will send you a copy of my dat file too.
        ...73's...Joel N4JOA

        --
        Joel Yates
        yate4899@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008

          Just sent you my Nodes.DAT it is in there.

          Mike Melnik
          N9PMO
          E-Mails Scanned By Symantec Corporate A/V

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
            DISABL has everything to do with Winlink Check the following website
            and read Q/A on Page 65.. Q9350

            http://home.earthlink.net/~k7bfl/WL2K_FAQ.pdf

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Brabham" <n5pvl@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Is anybody else noticing bogus nodes like the "DISABL" node shown
            in this
            > screen-capture?
            >
            > http://www.rgvham.com/rgvforum/index.php/topic,21.0.html
            >
            > It has no callsign to go with the alias, and it prevents NetRom and
            BPQ
            > NODES lists from working properly.
            >
            > Besides "DISABL", I have also noted an "OFF" node here from time to
            time.

            > These bogus nodes are local, but only show up during band openings
            when it
            > is possible to node-hop out of our area.
            >
            > They first appeared after a TELPAC node was installed at the local
            police
            > department by a "ham" that nobody here knows and who does not
            participate in
            > any of the local nets, etc...
            >
            > During a band opening where DISABL was not active here, I node-
            hopped a few
            > hundred miles up the Texas coast - and found another "DISABL" node
            up there!

            > Heads up, folks. - The WinLinkers do not like networked packet
            radio and
            > apparently are out to "DISABL" our ability to utilize it.
            >
            > Time to drag out the RDF gear, eh?
            >
            > 73 DE Charles Brabham, N5PVL
            > USPacket.Org

          • Cap Pennell
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 21, 2008
              As I see it, the main problem is Kantronics set IDINT 10 as the default in
              that particular TNC version. Setting IDINT 0 solves the problem. But
              that's only based on my experience with this TNC. YMMV.

              I'll share my experience with Don K7BFL, and hope it helps. Thanks. Now,
              back to BPQ32.
              73, Cap KE6AFE