Re: [BPQ32] Male/chat

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
      Daryll,
      I use Outlook Express with BPQ on a different computer over the local network.
      Have your ports set up as specified in the docs and give yourself a password that you will be using with Outlook Express on your own user configuration in BPQ.
      When configuring Outlook Express server info, if using the same computer for both programs, localhost works otherwise use the IP address of the machine BPQ is on. It might help to set your router up to give the BPQ computer a static IP.
      Then use the ports that BPQ uses on outlook for the NNTP, SMTP and POP ports.
      Set up an account with your callsign. As long as the bbs's main config shows that call as sysop, you will get messages addressed to sysop.
      For bulletins, you will be using the newsgroup feature of Outlook. Every different type of bulletins will show up as a different newsgroup. Even if it has the same @BBS call... IE: SOLAR@ARRL would be a different group from PROP@ARRL.
      It will not let you browse "private" messages to other users. I haven't tried it with NTS traffic.
      73
      Dave
      WB2HVF

      On 10/20/2012 1:42 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      Actually, BPQ32 does include a POP3 server.

      Daryll,

      What messages are you trying to get via Outlook express?. You should be able to pick up P messages to you and SYSOP via mail, and bulls via a News Account (NNTP). I can't think of a way to read P mail addressed to others via Outlook.

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
        Defaults are 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3 and 119 for NNTP, but they can all be changed/disabled (on the main BPQMailChat Config Screen)

        73 John

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

                          Found the information TNX.

          73 Bill

          N9ACQ

        • Daryll Webb
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
            I wish to thank all that chimed in on my question    response was out standing.
            Now I have tried to set up the news group and since I have never done this before after 2 hours of changing settings I still do not have it correct.
            Is there some one of patients that has set this up before and would they be willing to give a  novice a hand?
            Buster kg9nd

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
              Well, I'll tell ya. . . . . I'm hearing both TYQ and SJZ fairly well.
              YET, they
              aren't connecting with you. OK, Ok. . . .I also tried some attempts at
              connecting with them to no avail.

              I'm putting out power, so sez the meter from MFJ, about 45 watts.
              Do we know if either station can hear ME? It seems to me that if I
              can hear them, they should be hearing me. . . . .I think. Jim, do you
              hear me at all?

              I forgot all about the RACES meeting. Passed an apology to Jim.

              Howard
            • Daryll Webb
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                Howard
                check ur settings   tyq is getting this  when it tries to connect to u.

                *** Opening serial port COM1; 9600 baud; Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band
                *** KISS TNC Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band initialized
                *** Connection pending
                Error: K - FRMR received

                *** Connection failure
                *** Disconnected
                *** Disconnected
                u can hear tyq becouse u send tyq  <DM R F>

                Hr is what it gets when it tries to connect to me
                *** Opening serial port COM1; 9600 baud; Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band
                *** KISS TNC Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band initialized
                *** Connection pending
                *** Connected to KG9ND-2
                [BPQ-1.4.51.1-B2FWIHJM$]
                Hello WayneCoEma. Latest Message is 7670, Last listed is 0
                de KG9ND>
                   [RMS Express-1.2.6.0-B2FHM$]
                   ; KG9ND-2 DE KB9TYQ (EM79NT)
                   FF
                FQ
                *** Disconnect pending
                *** Disconnected
                *** Disconnected
                Buster kg9nd

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                  Howard
                  Do u have B2 checked in mail/chat  forwarding?

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                    Daryll

                    I will send you some PNG'S how to setup the NNTP server in MS Outlook
                    express for the
                    Bulls if that is what you want to use?

                    Mike N9PMO

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                      That would be cool

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                        I was able to see u have 50 messages in q for me but path bad and not able to get.

                        Sure he can with Outlook express as a NNTP feed.. I do it all the time.. No Need for POP anything..

                        73

                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                          sorry wrong add