Male/chat

  • Daryll Webb
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
      Howdy
      Is there a way to send all messages to outlook Exp.  instead of jest sysop and sys?
      Buster kg9nd

    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

        Daryll

                        BPQ is not a POP3 post office, which E-Mail clients require. WinPack may be your best bet and use the script to read and kill messages to your callsign, including SYS OP messages.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
          Buster

          In manage forwarding, under your BBS Call, fill in the AT Calls: with
          what
          Groups you want to receive.

          Mike N9PMO
          Is there a way to send all messages to outlook Exp.  instead of jest
          sysop and sys?
          Buster kg9nd
        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

            Yes go into outpost and select the types you want… Email me off list and we can talk you through it.. 73

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

              Sure he can with Outlook express as a NNTP feed.. I do it all the time.. No Need for POP anything..

              73

                              BPQ is not a POP3 post office, which E-Mail clients require. WinPack may be your best bet and use the script to read and kill messages to your callsign, including SYS OP messages.

              73 Bill

              N9ACQ

            • D R Mynatt
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                Male or Mail??

                Dave
                KA0SWT

                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

                  Sorry wrong program.. lol Bad day.

                  Yes go into outpost and select the types you want… Email me off list and we can talk you through it.. 73

                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                    Actually, BPQ32 does include a POP3 server.

                    Daryll,

                    What messages are you trying to get via Outlook express?. You should be able to pick up P messages to you and SYSOP via mail, and bulls via a News Account (NNTP). I can't think of a way to read P mail addressed to others via Outlook.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

                      He also wanting to receive Bulls via the pop server, I thought all one
                      had
                      To do is fill in the AT Calls: with the groups he wants, rather then
                      using
                      the NNTP server I may be wrong? It has been a while since I used the pop
                      server.

                      Mike N9PMO

                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

                                        So what ports are used? 25 & 110 I use for Paclink which is also running with BPQ.

                        73 Bill

                        N9ACQ

                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                          Hi Mike,

                          No, POP3 only returns P messages. You need to use NNTP for Bulls.

                          73, John

                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                            Daryll,
                            I use Outlook Express with BPQ on a different computer over the local network.
                            Have your ports set up as specified in the docs and give yourself a password that you will be using with Outlook Express on your own user configuration in BPQ.
                            When configuring Outlook Express server info, if using the same computer for both programs, localhost works otherwise use the IP address of the machine BPQ is on. It might help to set your router up to give the BPQ computer a static IP.
                            Then use the ports that BPQ uses on outlook for the NNTP, SMTP and POP ports.
                            Set up an account with your callsign. As long as the bbs's main config shows that call as sysop, you will get messages addressed to sysop.
                            For bulletins, you will be using the newsgroup feature of Outlook. Every different type of bulletins will show up as a different newsgroup. Even if it has the same @BBS call... IE: SOLAR@ARRL would be a different group from PROP@ARRL.
                            It will not let you browse "private" messages to other users. I haven't tried it with NTS traffic.
                            73
                            Dave
                            WB2HVF

                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                              Defaults are 25 for SMTP, 110 for POP3 and 119 for NNTP, but they can all be changed/disabled (on the main BPQMailChat Config Screen)

                              73 John

                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012

                                                Found the information TNX.

                                73 Bill

                                N9ACQ

                              • Daryll Webb
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                                  I wish to thank all that chimed in on my question    response was out standing.
                                  Now I have tried to set up the news group and since I have never done this before after 2 hours of changing settings I still do not have it correct.
                                  Is there some one of patients that has set this up before and would they be willing to give a  novice a hand?
                                  Buster kg9nd

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                                    Well, I'll tell ya. . . . . I'm hearing both TYQ and SJZ fairly well.
                                    YET, they
                                    aren't connecting with you. OK, Ok. . . .I also tried some attempts at
                                    connecting with them to no avail.

                                    I'm putting out power, so sez the meter from MFJ, about 45 watts.
                                    Do we know if either station can hear ME? It seems to me that if I
                                    can hear them, they should be hearing me. . . . .I think. Jim, do you
                                    hear me at all?

                                    I forgot all about the RACES meeting. Passed an apology to Jim.

                                    Howard
                                  • Daryll Webb
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                                      Howard
                                      check ur settings   tyq is getting this  when it tries to connect to u.

                                      *** Opening serial port COM1; 9600 baud; Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band
                                      *** KISS TNC Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band initialized
                                      *** Connection pending
                                      Error: K - FRMR received

                                      *** Connection failure
                                      *** Disconnected
                                      *** Disconnected
                                      u can hear tyq becouse u send tyq  <DM R F>

                                      Hr is what it gets when it tries to connect to me
                                      *** Opening serial port COM1; 9600 baud; Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band
                                      *** KISS TNC Kenwood TM-D700 A-Band initialized
                                      *** Connection pending
                                      *** Connected to KG9ND-2
                                      [BPQ-1.4.51.1-B2FWIHJM$]
                                      Hello WayneCoEma. Latest Message is 7670, Last listed is 0
                                      de KG9ND>
                                         [RMS Express-1.2.6.0-B2FHM$]
                                         ; KG9ND-2 DE KB9TYQ (EM79NT)
                                         FF
                                      FQ
                                      *** Disconnect pending
                                      *** Disconnected
                                      *** Disconnected
                                      Buster kg9nd

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Oct 20, 2012
                                        Howard
                                        Do u have B2 checked in mail/chat  forwarding?

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                                          Daryll

                                          I will send you some PNG'S how to setup the NNTP server in MS Outlook
                                          express for the
                                          Bulls if that is what you want to use?

                                          Mike N9PMO

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                                            That would be cool

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                                              I was able to see u have 50 messages in q for me but path bad and not able to get.

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Oct 21, 2012
                                                sorry wrong add