Re: APRS

  • james_nf8i
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 14, 2012
      Jerry,

      Just out of curiosity, what are you doing with BPQ APRS in your vehicle that the D710 doesn't do on it's own?

      73 de NF8I,

      ~James

      > Slightly off topic..
      >

      > Anyone know what command in the THD710A is used so it tx's your position
      > based on speed of vehicle.. Plan on if I can do it in time, have a mobile
      > BPQ APRS setup when I travel in a couple weeks.
      >

      > 73
      >

      > Jerry
      >
      > http://www.n9lya.com
      >
      > <http://incomebang.com/r.cgi/n9lya> http://incomebang.com/r.cgi/n9lya

    • vk2na
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 18, 2016

        Hi all,

        I am bit confused by APRS setup.  I am trying to get my system to digipeat APRS from VK9TBN-9 or any other RPR station that may start APRS'ing on 30m.

        My system is not digipeating APRS.  My Tracker is on Port 3.  Should DIGICALLS be RELAY,WIDE?

        My Config looks like this.

        ;-------------APRSDIGI------------------
        APRSDIGI
        APRSCall VK2NA-9
        StatusMsg=BPQ32 BBS Newcastle
        Symbol=a
        Symset=B
        APRSPath 3=APRS,WIDE1-1
        BeaconInterval=5
        Digimap 3=3
        ; TraceCalls=RELAY,WIDE
        ; FloodCalls=NA
        DigiCalls=VK2NA-9
        ; ReplaceDigiCalls
        MaxTraceHops=2
        MaxFloodHops=2
        LAT=3258.12S
        LON=15140.94E
        ;ISHost=sydney.aprs2.net
        ;ISPort=14580
        ;ISPasscode=*****
        ***

        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 19, 2016
          Most stations nowadays use a path of WIDEn-n, and to digi those you would
          normally use the TRACECALLS, which you have removed. As there are still some
          stations using RELAY, TRACECALLS=WIDE,RELAY is a good choice

          DIGICALLS is used if you want stations to be able to digi via your real
          callsign, rather than the generic WIDE or RELAY.

          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 19, 2016
            John,

            I haven't been able to digipeat any APRS as yet.  I'm not fully sure I have got my head around the APRS structure yet.  If anyone can advise me about my CONFIG I'd appreciate it.

            Here's the latest from my MONITOR WINDOW (BPQTERM)

            00:31:20R VK3MY-4>APRS Port=3 <UI>:
            !3751.54SG14518.28E& / APRS 10Mhz Net Station (2)
            00:39:21R VK2NA-7>APBPQ1,RELAY,WIDE1-1 Port=3 <UI>:
            !3258.12SB15140.94Ea BPQ32 V 6.0.12.21
            00:44:27R VK2NA-7>APBPQ1,RELAY,WIDE1-1 Port=3 <UI>:
            !3258.12SB15140.94Ea BPQ32 V 6.0.12.21

            My config is:

            ;-------------APRSDIGI------------------
            APRSDIGI
            APRSCall VK2NA-4
            StatusMsg=BPQ32 BBS Newcastle
            Symbol=a
            Symset=B
            APRSPath 3=APRS,RELAY,WIDE1-1
            BeaconInterval=5
            Digimap 3=3
            TraceCalls=APRS,WIDE,RELAY
            ;FloodCalls=NA
            DigiCalls=WIDE1-1
            ; ReplaceDigiCalls
            MaxTraceHops=2
            MaxFloodHops=2
            LAT=3258.12S
            LON=15140.94E
            ;ISHost=sydney.aprs2.net
            ;ISPort=14580
            ;ISPasscode=%%%%%
            ***

            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 20, 2016
              You shouldn’t be using RELAY and WIDEn-n in the same path. RELAY is not
              recommended, but you may choose to digi it to support stations with old
              configs. Common paths on VHF are WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1, or WIDE2-2, both of which
              will give you two hops but the first will use a local fill-in digi if
              present. I don’t think there are any standards for HF. Some say you
              shouldn’t digi on HF, but I’ve seen paths anything up to WIDE3-3.

              TRACECALLS shouldn’t contain APRS or RELAY. TRACECALLS only works with paths
              in the CALLm-n format. Normally just use WIDE, but as some old stations use
              TRACE instead of WIDE you could use WIDE,TRACE

              DIGICALLS=WIDE1.1 could be used, but only if you are running as a fill-in
              digi, and are not using TRACECALLS. Otherwise TRACECALLS of WIDE will digi
              WIDE1-1 anyway.