Re: [BPQ32] kenwood and bpq

  • kb2scs@optonline.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      Hi John
      The way I do it is:
      First I press the TNC button on the Radio twice.
      This puts the internal TNC into packet mode (not APRS mode)

      Second using any terminal program I send the following two commands
      to the Kenwood D710

      CMD: KISS ON
      CMD: RESTART

      Third: Exit the terminal program and start up BBQ.

      On 7 Oct 2012 at 15:19, w4jml wrote:

      > does anyone on here run bpq with the kenwood tm-d710 and if so how
      > do you get the radio to go into kiss mode with this set up?
      >
      > John
      > W4JML

      Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
      73 DE John KB2SCS
      Packet: KB2SCS@WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
      E-Mail: kb2scs@...
      Web Page: http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs
    • Daryll Webb
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
        Yes hr to, but keep an eye on it as it will slip out of kiss after a while.  And I think Ken added a line to my config file to help it stay in kiss.   I don't use it for this now and we would need to ask Ken what he did.
        After about 1/2 dozen times mine stayed in kiss ok    go figure.
        Buster kg9nd