kenwood and bpq

  • w4jml
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
      does anyone on here run bpq with the kenwood tm-d710 and if so how do you get the radio to go into kiss mode with this set up?

      John
      W4JML
    • kb2scs@optonline.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
        Hi John
        The way I do it is:
        First I press the TNC button on the Radio twice.
        This puts the internal TNC into packet mode (not APRS mode)

        Second using any terminal program I send the following two commands
        to the Kenwood D710

        CMD: KISS ON
        CMD: RESTART

        Third: Exit the terminal program and start up BBQ.

        On 7 Oct 2012 at 15:19, w4jml wrote:

        > does anyone on here run bpq with the kenwood tm-d710 and if so how
        > do you get the radio to go into kiss mode with this set up?
        >
        > John
        > W4JML

        Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
        73 DE John KB2SCS
        Packet: KB2SCS@WA2PNU,#NLI.NY.USA.NOAM
        E-Mail: kb2scs@...
        Web Page: http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs
      • Daryll Webb
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 7, 2012
          Yes hr to, but keep an eye on it as it will slip out of kiss after a while.  And I think Ken added a line to my config file to help it stay in kiss.   I don't use it for this now and we would need to ask Ken what he did.
          After about 1/2 dozen times mine stayed in kiss ok    go figure.
          Buster kg9nd