Re: [BPQ32] AGWtoBPQ Crash

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012
      Joachim,

      Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?

      Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?

      73, John G8BPQ

      joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:

      >Hi John and others
      >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
      >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
      >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
      >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
      >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
      >55/73 Joachim

    • wavetel1
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2012
        Just a note on this one.. Over the last couple of weeks or so Ive been battling with AGWtoBPQ crashing. This seems to be from around the time I upgraded to the latest version of BPQ v5.2.9.1. I think the DLL was replaced along with some other minor changes. I remember the installer seemed to remove and change file locations of many things as it installed.
        Currently Ive gone back to AGW as a replacment to see if the issue lies elsewhere in the system and so far no crashes.
        I run Windows XP with AGWtoBPQ on the standard Port 8000. I am just using Ui-View32 and JavAPRSsrvr with APRS on a single VHF Port currently with a TNC-X .
        I might have to go back to the previous version of BPQ and see if that is stable. This could be the next move.
        As far as the crash goes I wonder if there are any useful bits of info I can capture. When it crashes the Tray Icon ceases to respond and I have to use the Task Manager to stop BPQ32 and AGWtoBPQ exe's . After that I can run them again ok and the COM port works fine.
        When it crashes the WinSock 8000 port still appears to be there as the programes do not complain about the lack of WinSock however it does not pass any frames to the TNC in either direction.

        Any ideas anyone ? Regards Tony VK5AH

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

        > Joachim,
        >
        > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
        >
        > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
        >
        > 73, John G8BPQ
        >
        > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
        >
        > >Hi John and others
        > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
        > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
        > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
        > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
        > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
        > >55/73 Joachim

      • joachimnienstedt
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
          Hi John,

          yes, agw to bpq crashes even if only one program is running.
          There is no error message. On Windows Server 2008 comes a requester to close the program. On Windows XP, the window closes without comment.
          I now go back to AGWPE. But I hope I can replace the AGWPE sometime by agwtobpq.exe.

          73, Joachim

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

          > Joachim,
          >
          > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
          >
          > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >
          > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
          >
          > >Hi John and others
          > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
          > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
          > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
          > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
          > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
          > >55/73 Joachim

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
            Joachim

            Are you running AGWPE as an interface or sound card TNC and trying to
            run AGWtoBPQ.EXE also?

            Mike N9PMO
            yes, agw to bpq crashes even if only one program is running.
            There is no error message. On Windows Server 2008 comes a requester to
            close the program. On Windows XP, the window closes without comment.
            I now go back to AGWPE. But I hope I can replace the AGWPE sometime by
            agwtobpq.exe.

            73, Joachim

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

            > Joachim,
            >
            > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
            >
            > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
            >
            > 73, John G8BPQ
            >
            > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
            >
            > >Hi John and others
            > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
            > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to
            use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
            > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon,
            etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
            > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of
            my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different
            operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit,
            Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional
            32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times
            only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If
            I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I
            receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and
            APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
            > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use
            the BPQ32.
            > >55/73 Joachim

          • joachimnienstedt
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 12, 2012
              Hi Mike, I've run with BPQ AGWPE Kiss with TNCs. I also tried BPQ was connected directly to the Kiss TNCs. In both variants crashes AGWtoBPW.

              73, Joachim

              > Joachim
              >
              > Are you running AGWPE as an interface or sound card TNC and trying to
              > run AGWtoBPQ.EXE also?
              >
              > Mike N9PMO
              > www.n9pmo.com

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 13, 2012
                Joachim

                There is a piece of the puzzle missing, AGWtoBPQ.exe is used for
                programs that require
                And expect to talk to AGWPE example AR Cluster CC Cluster, are you using
                AGWtoBPQ.exe
                For another program?

                Unless you are using AGWPE as a sound card TNC, I would only have the
                TNC talk direct in Kiss
                Mode to BPQ32 AGWPE at this port would just be another program that is
                not needed (Interface)

                The only thing I can think of that will make AGWtoBPQ crash is if the
                TCP port is already
                In use with another program with conflict.

                Here I use BPQ32 to talk in KISS to my TNC'S
                AGWtoBPQ.exe is used as an interface between BPQ32 and AR-Cluster on TCP
                Port 8005.

                So this brings use to why you are using AGWtoBPQ.exe.

                You can E-Mail direct to me mmelnik1@...

                I assure you we will get it straightened out.

                Mike N9PMO