AGWtoBPQ Crash

  • joachimnienstedt
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012
      Hi John and others
      my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
      I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
      The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
      Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
      I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
      55/73 Joachim
    • N9ACQ
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012

        Joachim

                        When using AGW and AGWtoBPQ the problem is usually the port numbers used. This will require you to determine which programs allow you to select the port number and which are hard coded. In short the AGWtoBPQ clients can nit use the same port number as you use between BPQ and AGW.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • joachimnienstedt
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012
          Hi Bill,

          Thx for your answer.
          The problem also exist when I use no AGWPE with BPQ. It also happened when i use BPQ directly with kiss TNC at may COM Ports. The AGWtoBPQ.exe crashed.
          The Ports in the Packet Programs are variable. I changed the port in my Programs to 8001. I also use this port in the AGWtoBPQ.

          73 Joachim

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

          > Joachim
          >
          > When using AGW and AGWtoBPQ the problem is usually the port
          > numbers used. This will require you to determine which programs allow you to
          > select the port number and which are hard coded. In short the AGWtoBPQ
          > clients can nit use the same port number as you use between BPQ and AGW.
          >
          > 73 Bill
          >
          > N9ACQ

        • N9ACQ
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012

            Joachim

                            What is the primary reason to run WPP, AGWTracker and Paxton behind AGW? I only run server class programs behind BPQ; RMS Packet, BPQMail and BPQChat.  AGW Term, AGW Monitor and WinPack connect to AGW directly.

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 6, 2012
              Joachim,

              Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?

              Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?

              73, John G8BPQ

              joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:

              >Hi John and others
              >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
              >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
              >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
              >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
              >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
              >55/73 Joachim

            • wavetel1
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 7, 2012
                Just a note on this one.. Over the last couple of weeks or so Ive been battling with AGWtoBPQ crashing. This seems to be from around the time I upgraded to the latest version of BPQ v5.2.9.1. I think the DLL was replaced along with some other minor changes. I remember the installer seemed to remove and change file locations of many things as it installed.
                Currently Ive gone back to AGW as a replacment to see if the issue lies elsewhere in the system and so far no crashes.
                I run Windows XP with AGWtoBPQ on the standard Port 8000. I am just using Ui-View32 and JavAPRSsrvr with APRS on a single VHF Port currently with a TNC-X .
                I might have to go back to the previous version of BPQ and see if that is stable. This could be the next move.
                As far as the crash goes I wonder if there are any useful bits of info I can capture. When it crashes the Tray Icon ceases to respond and I have to use the Task Manager to stop BPQ32 and AGWtoBPQ exe's . After that I can run them again ok and the COM port works fine.
                When it crashes the WinSock 8000 port still appears to be there as the programes do not complain about the lack of WinSock however it does not pass any frames to the TNC in either direction.

                Any ideas anyone ? Regards Tony VK5AH

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                > Joachim,
                >
                > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
                >
                > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
                >
                > 73, John G8BPQ
                >
                > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
                >
                > >Hi John and others
                > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
                > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
                > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
                > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
                > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
                > >55/73 Joachim

              • joachimnienstedt
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
                  Hi John,

                  yes, agw to bpq crashes even if only one program is running.
                  There is no error message. On Windows Server 2008 comes a requester to close the program. On Windows XP, the window closes without comment.
                  I now go back to AGWPE. But I hope I can replace the AGWPE sometime by agwtobpq.exe.

                  73, Joachim

                  --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                  > Joachim,
                  >
                  > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
                  >
                  > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
                  >
                  > 73, John G8BPQ
                  >
                  > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > >Hi John and others
                  > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
                  > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
                  > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon, etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
                  > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit, Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional 32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
                  > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use the BPQ32.
                  > >55/73 Joachim

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 11, 2012
                    Joachim

                    Are you running AGWPE as an interface or sound card TNC and trying to
                    run AGWtoBPQ.EXE also?

                    Mike N9PMO
                    yes, agw to bpq crashes even if only one program is running.
                    There is no error message. On Windows Server 2008 comes a requester to
                    close the program. On Windows XP, the window closes without comment.
                    I now go back to AGWPE. But I hope I can replace the AGWPE sometime by
                    agwtobpq.exe.

                    73, Joachim

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, John Wiseman <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                    > Joachim,
                    >
                    > Does agwtobpq crash if you run one of the programs at a time?
                    >
                    > Do you get any error messages from agwtobpq?
                    >
                    > 73, John G8BPQ
                    >
                    > joachimnienstedt <joachimnienstedt@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > >Hi John and others
                    > >my english is not so good but I want to try to explain my problem.
                    > >I have installed BPQ32 5.2.91 on my PC. For some programs I want to
                    use the AGWtoBPQ.exe.
                    > >The programs are WPP (Windows Packet Program), AGWTracker, Paxon,
                    etc. They are currently working very well with the AGWPE.
                    > >Unfortunately the AGWtoBPQ crashes after some time when i use one of
                    my Packet programs. I tried it on different machines with different
                    operating systems. Desktop PC with Windows 2008 Server RC2 64bit,
                    Notebook with Windows XP Professional 32bit, Windows XP Professional
                    32bit on a virtual machine. The time to the crash is different. Times
                    only a few seconds / minutes and then it works sometimes 30 minutes. If
                    I myself connect to other Stations the crash comes sooner than when I
                    receive only. AQWtoBPQ is configured on port 8001 with 6 streams and
                    APPLMask 0x6 for Application 2 and 3.
                    > >I hope there is a solution to my problem, because I would like to use
                    the BPQ32.
                    > >55/73 Joachim

                  • joachimnienstedt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 12, 2012
                      Hi Mike, I've run with BPQ AGWPE Kiss with TNCs. I also tried BPQ was connected directly to the Kiss TNCs. In both variants crashes AGWtoBPW.

                      73, Joachim

                      > Joachim
                      >
                      > Are you running AGWPE as an interface or sound card TNC and trying to
                      > run AGWtoBPQ.EXE also?
                      >
                      > Mike N9PMO
                      > www.n9pmo.com

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 13, 2012
                        Joachim

                        There is a piece of the puzzle missing, AGWtoBPQ.exe is used for
                        programs that require
                        And expect to talk to AGWPE example AR Cluster CC Cluster, are you using
                        AGWtoBPQ.exe
                        For another program?

                        Unless you are using AGWPE as a sound card TNC, I would only have the
                        TNC talk direct in Kiss
                        Mode to BPQ32 AGWPE at this port would just be another program that is
                        not needed (Interface)

                        The only thing I can think of that will make AGWtoBPQ crash is if the
                        TCP port is already
                        In use with another program with conflict.

                        Here I use BPQ32 to talk in KISS to my TNC'S
                        AGWtoBPQ.exe is used as an interface between BPQ32 and AR-Cluster on TCP
                        Port 8005.

                        So this brings use to why you are using AGWtoBPQ.exe.

                        You can E-Mail direct to me mmelnik1@...

                        I assure you we will get it straightened out.

                        Mike N9PMO