Re: [BPQ32] manual node routes

  • Glenn Bursell
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
      john
      this does not work when i enter the node info
      i get back "bad parameter"
      password
      MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Ok
      node add italyx:ve1vl ka0mos-7 1 192 !
      MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Bad Parameter

      Glenn Bursell - KAØMOS

       KA0MOS/VE1 Packet Radio Page  http://ka0mos.no-ip.com
      Lunenburg County ARC Web  Page  http://lcarc.no-ip.org

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
        Glenn,

        Most likely cause is you don't have a route to ka0mos-7. I tried the command and replaced ka0mos-7 with a station in my routes and it worked.

        If you need to lock a route to ka0mos-7, put an entry in the ROUTES: section of bpq32.cfg.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

           ok  ka0mos-7 is my tnos system which bpq is connected to via axudp
          i tried to add the route to ka0mos-7 in the routes section and got a configuration error
          dont know what i am missing here :(

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

            Hi Harold KB7RSI  LVCHAT if I have that right.  Harold could you please add me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.  You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map

            MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B

            I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI  HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it back to you when I see your Map to me.

            Thanks Harold

            Bill Erhardt K7MT

            http://www.k7mt.com

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
              The Minimum is Callsign, quality, port

              ROUTES:
              G8BPQ-1,192,1
              ***

              But the real question is why isn't TNOS sending NODES broadcasts (or perhaps why isn't BPQ32 recognising the NODES that TNOS is sending)

              73, John

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                Hi All,

                This is a rather basic configuration question but here goes . . .

                On the Configuration > BBS Params tab you can specify the SYSOP Call and in my case that has been set to VE3NI,

                In addition, you have the ability to to Send SYSTEM Msgs to SYSOP call, and I have enabled it.

                This works PERFECTLY as I get all the SYSTEM msgs.

                My question is how do I have all incoming packet messages sent to SYSOP enabled such that I can retrieve these messages when I check for messages as VE3NI?

                I thought when I set the "Include SYSOP msgs in LM" in the user profile for VE3NI that maybe it would do the trick but no joy.

                Suggestions?

                Daniel  VE3NI / NI2D
              • Glenn Bursell
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                  hi john and others
                  thanks for the help. You are right why is tnos not sending the node or bpq rcving iyt
                  there are nodes on the same freq on rf and of course im on a hile right between them all
                  i hear them all very well ve1vl is permed at the node with a quality of 192 so this is the one i would
                  like route through the other to are both at a quality of 144.
                  if i restart tnos it will bcaast all 3 and they all show up in bpq's node list ilso have all of them locked in
                  in tnos quality 192 144 and 144 one of them remains in bpq for a short time then the node with qual of 192 and one other disappear. i have removed the locked route from tnos and still get the same results
                  im stumped ay this point so any ideas and thoughts are welcome here....

                  73

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                    Hey Bill.
                    What is your chat information?
                    I have the node setup.
                    Mine is LVCHAT:KB7RSI-3

                    Harold

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

                    > Hi Harold KB7RSI LVCHAT if I have that right. Harold could you please add
                    > me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.
                    > You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map
                    >

                    > MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B
                    >

                    > I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it
                    > back to you when I see your Map to me.
                    >

                    > Thanks Harold
                    >

                    > Bill Erhardt K7MT
                    >
                    > http://www.k7mt.com <http://www.k7mt.com/>

                  • Bill Erhardt
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                      Hi Harold,

                      HLNCHT:K7MT-2

                      Bill K7MT

                    • Bill Erhardt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                        Hi Harold,

                        I will get it set up when I get back from a new fire assignment.

                        I just got called today to a new fire near Baudette , Minnesota .  Packing my bags for a very early morning flight.

                        I should be back home in two or three weeks and I will try to post pictures on my site as we are staying at the Bosch Proving Ground 2 a winter automobile proving grounds…

                        Cheers Bill K7MT

                        http://www.k7mt.com