RE: [BPQ32] manual node routes

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
      Glenn,

      It is possible to lock a node, but it is normally both unnecessary and a bad idea. If a node isn't in the table it is better to find out why the normal netrom boradcast mechinism isn't working.

      But if you really need it, a locked node is added using the "NODE ADD" SYSOP Mode command:

      node add bpq1:g8bpq-1 g8bpq 1 192 !

      Where bpq1:g8bpq-1 is the alias/call of the remote node, g8bpq the neighbour, 1 the port, 192 the quality and ! the "Locked Flag".

      You will need to do a "SAVENODES" command to make the change permanent

      If you have locked nodes, you shouldn't use the Console Actions Clear Nodes and reconfg command, or delete the bpqnodes.dat file.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
        john
        this does not work when i enter the node info
        i get back "bad parameter"
        password
        MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Ok
        node add italyx:ve1vl ka0mos-7 1 192 !
        MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Bad Parameter

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
          Glenn,

          Most likely cause is you don't have a route to ka0mos-7. I tried the command and replaced ka0mos-7 with a station in my routes and it worked.

          If you need to lock a route to ka0mos-7, put an entry in the ROUTES: section of bpq32.cfg.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

             ok  ka0mos-7 is my tnos system which bpq is connected to via axudp
            i tried to add the route to ka0mos-7 in the routes section and got a configuration error
            dont know what i am missing here :(

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

              Hi Harold KB7RSI  LVCHAT if I have that right.  Harold could you please add me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.  You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map

              MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B

              I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI  HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it back to you when I see your Map to me.

              Thanks Harold

              Bill Erhardt K7MT

              http://www.k7mt.com

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                The Minimum is Callsign, quality, port

                ROUTES:
                G8BPQ-1,192,1
                ***

                But the real question is why isn't TNOS sending NODES broadcasts (or perhaps why isn't BPQ32 recognising the NODES that TNOS is sending)

                73, John

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                  Hi All,

                  This is a rather basic configuration question but here goes . . .

                  On the Configuration > BBS Params tab you can specify the SYSOP Call and in my case that has been set to VE3NI,

                  In addition, you have the ability to to Send SYSTEM Msgs to SYSOP call, and I have enabled it.

                  This works PERFECTLY as I get all the SYSTEM msgs.

                  My question is how do I have all incoming packet messages sent to SYSOP enabled such that I can retrieve these messages when I check for messages as VE3NI?

                  I thought when I set the "Include SYSOP msgs in LM" in the user profile for VE3NI that maybe it would do the trick but no joy.

                  Suggestions?

                  Daniel  VE3NI / NI2D
                • Glenn Bursell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                    hi john and others
                    thanks for the help. You are right why is tnos not sending the node or bpq rcving iyt
                    there are nodes on the same freq on rf and of course im on a hile right between them all
                    i hear them all very well ve1vl is permed at the node with a quality of 192 so this is the one i would
                    like route through the other to are both at a quality of 144.
                    if i restart tnos it will bcaast all 3 and they all show up in bpq's node list ilso have all of them locked in
                    in tnos quality 192 144 and 144 one of them remains in bpq for a short time then the node with qual of 192 and one other disappear. i have removed the locked route from tnos and still get the same results
                    im stumped ay this point so any ideas and thoughts are welcome here....

                    73

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                      Hey Bill.
                      What is your chat information?
                      I have the node setup.
                      Mine is LVCHAT:KB7RSI-3

                      Harold

                      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Harold KB7RSI LVCHAT if I have that right. Harold could you please add
                      > me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.
                      > You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map
                      >

                      > MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B
                      >

                      > I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it
                      > back to you when I see your Map to me.
                      >

                      > Thanks Harold
                      >

                      > Bill Erhardt K7MT
                      >
                      > http://www.k7mt.com <http://www.k7mt.com/>

                    • Bill Erhardt
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                        Hi Harold,

                        HLNCHT:K7MT-2

                        Bill K7MT

                      • Bill Erhardt
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                          Hi Harold,

                          I will get it set up when I get back from a new fire assignment.

                          I just got called today to a new fire near Baudette , Minnesota .  Packing my bags for a very early morning flight.

                          I should be back home in two or three weeks and I will try to post pictures on my site as we are staying at the Bosch Proving Ground 2 a winter automobile proving grounds…

                          Cheers Bill K7MT

                          http://www.k7mt.com