RE: [BPQ32] manual node routes

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 4, 2012
      Glen

      You will need to tie BPQ32 to TNOS usually via AXUDP if BPQ & TNOS are
      on the same machine in bpq32.cfg
      AXIP Port you would Map the TNOS Call the Computer LAN IP Address UDP
      Port B
      Example: (TNOS Node Call N9PMO-7)
      N9PMO-7 192.168.1.111 UDP 93 B

      Now on the JNOS Machine, the Node call of BPQ32 would replace the TNOS
      Call
      In bpq32.cfg, AXIP port if you are using AUTOADDMAP you should only need
      the JNOS Node to send the
      Call to BPQ32 Node, the AUTOADDMAP will resolve the TNOS Node call and
      add it to the BPQNODES.date file
      And shouldn’t be needed to be mapped in but it does not hurt too have
      the TNOS Node Call mapped in.

      If TNOS & BPQ32 are on different machines just use the correct LAN
      address for each machine, TNOS
      Pointing to the BPQ32 Computer LAN Address.

      Since TNOS is the second machine with TNC the connection, the connection
      may have to be made first from BPQ Node to
      The TNOS Node Call then on to the RF Node Call, if the quality of the RF
      Node in TNOS & BPQ Nodes Table
      is high enough then you should be able to make a single connection from
      BPQ32 to the RF Node.

      Let us know if you are in need of further help.

      73

      Mike N9PMO

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
        Glenn,

        It is possible to lock a node, but it is normally both unnecessary and a bad idea. If a node isn't in the table it is better to find out why the normal netrom boradcast mechinism isn't working.

        But if you really need it, a locked node is added using the "NODE ADD" SYSOP Mode command:

        node add bpq1:g8bpq-1 g8bpq 1 192 !

        Where bpq1:g8bpq-1 is the alias/call of the remote node, g8bpq the neighbour, 1 the port, 192 the quality and ! the "Locked Flag".

        You will need to do a "SAVENODES" command to make the change permanent

        If you have locked nodes, you shouldn't use the Console Actions Clear Nodes and reconfg command, or delete the bpqnodes.dat file.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
          john
          this does not work when i enter the node info
          i get back "bad parameter"
          password
          MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Ok
          node add italyx:ve1vl ka0mos-7 1 192 !
          MOSBPQ:KA0MOS-8} Bad Parameter

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
            Glenn,

            Most likely cause is you don't have a route to ka0mos-7. I tried the command and replaced ka0mos-7 with a station in my routes and it worked.

            If you need to lock a route to ka0mos-7, put an entry in the ROUTES: section of bpq32.cfg.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

               ok  ka0mos-7 is my tnos system which bpq is connected to via axudp
              i tried to add the route to ka0mos-7 in the routes section and got a configuration error
              dont know what i am missing here :(

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012

                Hi Harold KB7RSI  LVCHAT if I have that right.  Harold could you please add me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.  You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map

                MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B

                I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI  HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it back to you when I see your Map to me.

                Thanks Harold

                Bill Erhardt K7MT

                http://www.k7mt.com

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                  The Minimum is Callsign, quality, port

                  ROUTES:
                  G8BPQ-1,192,1
                  ***

                  But the real question is why isn't TNOS sending NODES broadcasts (or perhaps why isn't BPQ32 recognising the NODES that TNOS is sending)

                  73, John

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                    Hi All,

                    This is a rather basic configuration question but here goes . . .

                    On the Configuration > BBS Params tab you can specify the SYSOP Call and in my case that has been set to VE3NI,

                    In addition, you have the ability to to Send SYSTEM Msgs to SYSOP call, and I have enabled it.

                    This works PERFECTLY as I get all the SYSTEM msgs.

                    My question is how do I have all incoming packet messages sent to SYSOP enabled such that I can retrieve these messages when I check for messages as VE3NI?

                    I thought when I set the "Include SYSOP msgs in LM" in the user profile for VE3NI that maybe it would do the trick but no joy.

                    Suggestions?

                    Daniel  VE3NI / NI2D
                  • Glenn Bursell
                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                      hi john and others
                      thanks for the help. You are right why is tnos not sending the node or bpq rcving iyt
                      there are nodes on the same freq on rf and of course im on a hile right between them all
                      i hear them all very well ve1vl is permed at the node with a quality of 192 so this is the one i would
                      like route through the other to are both at a quality of 144.
                      if i restart tnos it will bcaast all 3 and they all show up in bpq's node list ilso have all of them locked in
                      in tnos quality 192 144 and 144 one of them remains in bpq for a short time then the node with qual of 192 and one other disappear. i have removed the locked route from tnos and still get the same results
                      im stumped ay this point so any ideas and thoughts are welcome here....

                      73

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 5, 2012
                        Hey Bill.
                        What is your chat information?
                        I have the node setup.
                        Mine is LVCHAT:KB7RSI-3

                        Harold

                        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Erhardt" <k7mt@...> wrote:

                        > Hi Harold KB7RSI LVCHAT if I have that right. Harold could you please add
                        > me back to you Map so I can again link to LVCHAT the western connection.
                        > You mentioned you might have accidently removed my Map
                        >

                        > MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B
                        >

                        > I am presently linked to Ken KD6PGI HRCHAT who links to you. I will set it
                        > back to you when I see your Map to me.
                        >

                        > Thanks Harold
                        >

                        > Bill Erhardt K7MT
                        >
                        > http://www.k7mt.com <http://www.k7mt.com/>

                      • Bill Erhardt
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                          Hi Harold,

                          HLNCHT:K7MT-2

                          Bill K7MT

                        • Bill Erhardt
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 6, 2012

                            Hi Harold,

                            I will get it set up when I get back from a new fire assignment.

                            I just got called today to a new fire near Baudette , Minnesota .  Packing my bags for a very early morning flight.

                            I should be back home in two or three weeks and I will try to post pictures on my site as we are staying at the Bosch Proving Ground 2 a winter automobile proving grounds…

                            Cheers Bill K7MT

                            http://www.k7mt.com