Re: Receiving FRMR Frames, Unrecognized Data on Transmit?

  • james_nf8i
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2012
      Peter,

      Thanks very much for your advice. I don't see this happening in this case, but I will keep it in mind in case it should become an issue in the future.

      For what it's worth, I had a friend try to connect to the W3LRC station, and he had the same problem with the FRMR frames. The closest commonality between my home station (NF8I) and my friend's station is that I'm using a PK-88 and he has a PK-232.

      73 de NF8I,

      ~James

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Peter - ZL2BAU <peter.zl2bau@...> wrote:

      > Hi James,
      >
      > I have seen this problem years ago when two systems were
      > configured with the same callsign_ssid, this gave a very pronounced FRMR
      > error.
      >
      > Just a thought ..............
      >
      > Regards ..... Peter

    • K.O. Higgs
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2012
        In the KAM "cmd:" mode, enter "AB 19200"

        K.O.
        On 10/2/2012 11:02 PM, james_nf8i wrote:

        Thanks for the suggestion. I tried this, and it didn't seem to help the immediate problem. I have also heard about the KAMXL being unstable at 9600 baud from other sources, so I would like to do this anyway. However, in the short time I was testing this, the KAMXL reverted to 9600 on its own more than once. Is there some trick to getting it to stay at 19200?

        73,

        ~James

        --

        K.O. Higgs
        n0kfq@...

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2012
          Thanks K.O

          I didn't remember the command for the BUAD rate change, I think inn the
          9612
          It is Mode 19200

          Mike N9PMO

          --

          K.O. Higgs
          n0kfq@...
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 13, 2012
            Thanks to everybody that helped with this issue. After a hard reset didn't solve the problem with the TNC, I found and installed a firmware update from the manufacturer's website. Everything seems to be working fine now!

            73 de NF8I,

            ~James