NNTP with Opera mail

  • Sergej
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2012
      Anyone use to read bulletins via NNTP client Opera Mail with MailChat?
      Here Opera Mail say errors when try to read message...

      73, Sergej.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2012
        Serge

        I have had the NNTP server running for more then a year with outlook
        express
        Do you need some screen shots?

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2012

          > Serge
          >
          > I have had the NNTP server running for more then a year with outlook
          > express
          > Do you need some screen shots?

          Mike, Outlook Express get and open bulls here, but lacks some function need for me (special localized fonts).

          So I'm going to try Opera's NNTP client, it get bull's headers, but can't open messages...

          Error info: 420 no current article has been selected.

          Below is trace from MailChat monitor:

          >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
          >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
          <MODE READER
          >200 Hello
          <GROUP DX.WW
          >211 4 19058 19213 DX.WW
          >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
          <MODE READER
          >200 Hello
          <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
          >231 list of new newsgroups follows
          >.
          <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
          >231 list of new newsgroups follows
          >.
          <MODE READER
          >200 Hello
          <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
          >231 list of new newsgroups follows
          >.
          <QUIT
          >205 OK
          <GROUP 127.0.0.1
          >411 no such news group
          <ARTICLE 0
          >420 no current article has been selected

          TIA,

          Sergej.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2012
            Serge,

            I've just tried Opera here, and it reads some message but not others.

            The commands from Opera look a bit odd. I'll do more tests and see if I can work out what is going on.

            73, John

            Mike, Outlook Express get and open bulls here, but lacks some function need for me (special localized fonts).

            So I'm going to try Opera's NNTP client, it get bull's headers, but can't open messages...

            Error info: 420 no current article has been selected.

            Below is trace from MailChat monitor:

            >200 BPQMail
            NNTP Server ready
            >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
            <MODE READER
            >200 Hello
            <GROUP DX.WW
            >211 4 19058 19213
            DX.WW
            >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
            <MODE READER
            >200
            Hello
            <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
            >231 list of new newsgroups
            follows
            >.
            <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
            >231 list of new
            newsgroups follows
            >.
            <MODE READER
            >200 Hello
            <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
            >231 list of new newsgroups
            follows
            >.
            <QUIT
            >205 OK
            <GROUP 127.0.0.1
            >411 no
            such news group
            <ARTICLE 0

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2012
              Some use thunderbird with good results

              Mike N9PMO

              > I have had the NNTP server running for more then a year with outlook
              > express
              > Do you need some screen shots?

              Mike, Outlook Express get and open bulls here, but lacks some function
              need for me (special localized fonts).

              So I'm going to try Opera's NNTP client, it get bull's headers, but
              can't open messages...

              Error info: 420 no current article has been selected.

              Below is trace from MailChat monitor:

              >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
              >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
              <MODE READER
              >200 Hello
              <GROUP DX.WW
              >211 4 19058 19213 DX.WW
              >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
              <MODE READER
              >200 Hello
              <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
              >231 list of new newsgroups follows
              >.
              <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
              >231 list of new newsgroups follows
              >.
              <MODE READER
              >200 Hello
              <NEWGROUPS 120929 191034 GMT
              >231 list of new newsgroups follows
              >.
              <QUIT
              >205 OK
              <GROUP 127.0.0.1
              >411 no such news group
              <ARTICLE 0
              >420 no current article has been selected

              TIA,

              Sergej.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2012
                I get good results with Outlook Express with both mail and newsgroups. Thunderbird gave me some strange results when sending mail.
                Dave
                WB2HVF

                On 9/29/2012 5:45 PM, Mike wrote:

                Some use thunderbird with good results

                Mike N9PMO

                > I have had the NNTP server running for more then a year with outlook
                > express
                > Do you need some screen shots?

                Mike, Outlook Express get and open bulls here, but lacks some function
                need for me (special localized fonts).

                So I'm going to try Opera's NNTP client, it get bull's headers, but
                can't open messages...

                Error info: 420 no current article has been selected.

                Below is trace from MailChat monitor:

                >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
                >200 BPQMail NNTP Server ready
                <MODE READER