help to config Node and BBS ?

  • bty481061
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2012
      Hi

      Wonder if anybody can give a few ideas and a bit og help.

      I used to run GB7SUF and GB7NOS for about 10 years up here in the North Of Scotland, I firsted started with W0RLI then AA4RE Followed NNA and then to FBB. NNA and FBB all ran under BPQ with 3 radio links for many years. Then a few years ago we started to lose the radio links, followed by the Users.
      We now have an Internet link at our club and a few members with TNC's gathering dust want to give them an airing. I have put GB7NOS back on the air but it is via a very long 2m link then Internet in to GB7YEW.

      What I am hoping to do is get an Internet link with GB7YEW and just put a 2m user port on for now.
      I am having a few problems getting BPQ32 talking to winfbb can anybody help ?
      First what is the best BBS to use WinFBB-16, WinFBB-32, NNA or is there any other that may have come out since the last few years ?

      Ok tech spec :-

      PC with 1gig ram Windows XP 150gid HD
      1 Tiny 2 running in Kiss mode
      Built in 10 100 Ethernet port.

      Could anybody send a config file for BPQ32 as a sample for that set up. Also for Winfbb port.sys. Should I use winfbb 16 or 32 bit.
      Are they stable?, as most of the sysop work will have to be done remotely once I move it back to our Club.

      I am planning to put teamview on it so I can remote in.
      Any help would be most grateful. Its slowly coming back to me but need a push start to get me going again.

      Thanks John for such a great program over all the years, it's been some time since we last met.
      May be we will meet again someday.

      Kind Regards

      Phillip GM4SUF soon to be sysop of GB7NO and GB7SUF again