LVCHAT Status

  • Bill Erhardt
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012

      Howdy gang,

      A while back, the chat was setup for several of us to connect lvchat for the western area I believe.  That chat site is not on my nodes list and I can no longer hook up chat via that route. Does anyone no its status ?  If it is down, should I go back to my old application 2 setup in Mail/CHAT and hook up to KD6PGI and N9PMO that I had as chat folks ??

      Thanks look forward to help on this..

      Bill K7MT

      “People who are good at making excuses are seldom good for anything else”  Ben Franklin

      http://www.k7mt.com

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012
        Bill

        What you want is a reliable node connection to a couple of nodes, mine
        is
        Rarely down, if mine is down it is only for a few minutes while I make
        changes
        Since we already have a node connection established you are welcome to
        use
        PMOCHT:N9PMO-11

        Let me know if you add my node to link to so I can add you in.

        73

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 20, 2012

          Hello Bill.  My node us still up and running.  What is your link info and what do you have for me.   I may have removed you by mistake.

          Harold

          Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 21, 2012
            Ok now I can type from a keyboard.  Kinda hard to do that from a smart phone.
            Bill, we dont have link info for you so that would answer the question of you being able to connect to me directly.
            So, Bill if you want to try to link with LV, LVCHAT, email me directly with your link info and I will respond with mines.
            Also, have you checked the path to me from you.  If you were going thru Ken, then that might be why.  I have had link problems with Ken.
            I think his quality settings favor RF before internet.  And, this is the FIRST i have heard of this Bill.  I am in chat almost all day, every day with ken and everyone else mobile so I know my node is always online (Mike)
            My internet never goes down, and I mean never. (I work for the company).

            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 22, 2012

              Hi Mike,

              I have your map routing in my config file and maybe you took mine out by mistake.  It was working with chat for a long time but just noticed it stopped working.  My Map is:

              MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B

              Lets see if we can get the chat working again.

              Thanks Mike

              Bill K7MT

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012
              • Bill Erhardt
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012

                  Hi Mike,

                  Here is how Ken KD6PGI had me set it up for you as the western chat main check in or whatever that was earlier this year. This is my applicaions in the my config file…

                  APPLICATIONS=BBS,CHAT,RMS

                  APPLICATION 1,BBS,,K7MT-1,HLNBBS,255

                  APPLICATION 2,CHAT,C LVCHAT,K7MT-2,HLNCHT,255

                  APPLICATION 3,RMS,,K7MT-10,HLNRMS,255

                  It has been this way for I think about 6 months and it worked just fine. It stopped working about two or three weeks ago..

                  Bill

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012
                  • Bill Erhardt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012

                      Hi Mike,

                      Understand and that was the way I had it set up when I started.  Several months ago there movement to centralize some of the chat by setting up a western chat link by Ken KD7PGI.  It worked fine until a few weeks ago then it stopped working.

                      I can go back to the original settings as you suggest. I will then activate application 2 in Mail/Chat as I have your link in there already.  Standby for the change..

                      Bill

                    • Bill Erhardt
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012

                        Howdy gang,

                        Ok,  I have my chat back up with Mike N9PMO chat link.  I have my Mail/Chat application set back to 2 again wit the following chat station in my links.

                        PMOCHT:N9PMO-11

                        IXCHAT:KJ6IX-2

                        ATACHT:N4ATA-11

                        Would these station please add me back in to their chat links in Mail/Chat configuration

                        HLNCHT:K7MT-2

                        My map is:  MAP K7MT-6 K7MT.WR7HLN.ORG UDP 10093 B

                        If needed so I can have three chat links.

                        Thanks everyone

                        Bill K7MT

                        http://www.k7mt.com

                      • KB7RSI
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 23, 2012

                          This WAS your problem.  Shouldve emailed me and I could have helped you.

                          Later

                        • KB7RSI
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 24, 2012

                            Also I noticed you are using an older version of chat.  It seems you have me in your chat setup because I saw your chat node trying to link to mines.  I added you to mines to see if the error stops.  I've never had a netrom or chat link with you.