BPQ32 hangs/crashes

  • PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
      Hi group.

      I have a strange problem.
      bpq32 just hangs/crashes after about a day or so.
      have tried with win xp en win 2003 same problem.

      i still can get in the node from winfbb but al other ax22/udp traffic
      stops.

      this i with the latest version of bpq32 and maybe with earlier versions
      also becouse i upgraded from on old version.

      i tried also a clean install on win2003 server and still same problem
      that it hangs.

      is there something i'm overlooking in my bpq32.cfg or could it have a
      other problem.
      how can i make a memory dump or something to retreive data what can help
      find and solve this problem.

      hope someone can help me out.

      73 Danny PA2SNK @ PI8SNK
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2012
        Danny

        First thing to do is open the MDI Console window by clicking on the BPQ
        ICON
        Tool tray right, select BPQ32 Console, this will open the MDI window,
        inside
        Of the MDI Window look for the BPQ32.DLL Console Version 5.x.x.x Window,

        Using the scroll bar on right of window look for any errors.

        You may also send me your bpq32.cfg I will look it over and test it.

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012
          Hi Mike.

          I already did that.
          had some old config params that are now not used anymore in the latest bpq.

          I'm thinkin that it is the BPQETHER driver that gives errors.
          Maybe somehow on some sort of frame received on the axudp or bpqether port it hangs. when i give a save nodes and restart all works fine again.

          very strange.

          i will send you my cfg.

          Danny.

          > Danny
          >
          > First thing to do is open the MDI Console window by clicking on the BPQ
          > ICON
          > Tool tray right, select BPQ32 Console, this will open the MDI window,
          > inside
          > Of the MDI Window look for the BPQ32.DLL Console Version 5.x.x.x Window,
          >
          > Using the scroll bar on right of window look for any errors.
          >

          > You may also send me your bpq32.cfg I will look it over and test it.
          >
          > Mike N9PMO
          > www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012