Tray Icon dissapears or never appears

  • wavetel1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2012
      Ive just started noticing something odd on start up. Ive got AGWtoBPQ in my Startup group. The tray Icon never shows up after startup but BPQ is definitely up and running.
      I have BPQ set to start minimized and to Minimize to the tray .
      I can shake it back out to the Tray by running BPQ Status up. It then appears on the tray but even then I have had it disappear on me again after that.

      All a but odd. The only thing that I can guess at is that I have just installed the Latest JDK from Oracle.

      I am using BPQ32 5.8.1.1 with Win XP here

      Tony VK5AH
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2012
        Tony

        This is quite common, set the BPQ ICON to show all the time, that should
        solve the problem,
        The only other time I see this happen is if more then one BPQ instance
        is running at the same time

        72

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
          Mike ,

          Thanks for the reply .. I dont understand. How do I set the BPQ Icon to show all the time ?

          Ive got Minimize to Tray and Start minimized set currently with Ticks on them.

          If I take AGWtoBPQ out of the startup group in windows and wait until windows boots up and then start AGWtoBPQ manually then it seems to appear in the Tray all ok.

          Regards
          Tony VK5AH

          > Tony
          >
          > This is quite common, set the BPQ ICON to show all the time, that should
          > solve the problem,
          > The only other time I see this happen is if more then one BPQ instance
          > is running at the same time
          >
          > 72
          >
          > Mike N9PMO
          > www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 7, 2012
            Tony

            Please make sure you didn't have AGWtoBPQ starting twice, right click on
            the notification
            Area on the (tool bar) (middle but not on a running program), select
            properties, Customize
            Button, you will see the list of hidden ICON, to the right is a drop
            down menu, select
            To always show, then click OK, OK.

            Let me know if you have problems the (BPQ ICON Must) be showing when
            setting, mine BPQ is set
            as yours is.

            Mike N9PMO