Re: [BPQ32] BPQTermTCP for Android

  • Dave Webb
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 18, 2012
      John,
      That could be it. I do not have an FBBPORT set up.
      Now you gave me something else to learn. HI HI.
      Dave

      On 8/18/2012 2:28 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

      Dave,

      Normal telnet connects to TCPPORT on the server. BPQTermTCP must connect to FBBPORT. Could that be the problem?

      John

    Message 2 of 22 , Feb 11, 2013
      I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

      > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a device without a Menu
      > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
      > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up the menu to configure and
      > connect.
      >
      > I'm looking for a solution..
      >
      > 73, John
      >

      > _____

      zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlYwNmdHIEc
      > 2xrA3JwbHkEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5Mw--?act=reply&messageNum=8994> via web post

      zE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0a
      > W1lAzEzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Start a New Topic
      >
      > Messages

      zk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAM4OTk0BHNlY
      > wNmdHIEc2xrA3Z0cGMEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5MwR0cGNJZAM4OTgx> in this topic (4)
      >
      > Recent Activity:
      >
      > *

      U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw
      > RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

      dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz
      > EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

      jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M
      > w--> Yahoo! Groups
      >
      > Switch to:

      :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

      > Daily Digest .
      > Unsubscribe .
      > Terms of Use
      >
      > .

      d=8994/stime=1344249593/nc1=4836036/nc2=5741398/nc3=4025373>

      Message 3 of 22 , Feb 11, 2013
        No.

        To be honest I'd forgotten about it.

        I'll see if I can borrow my daughter's device and try to sort it out.

        73, John

        I haven't been paying attention to this much, but is there an update to this by any chance?

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

        > My apologies to anyone who has tried to use this on a
        device without a Menu
        > button. I've just tried it on my daughter's new
        Galaxy Tab (Ice Cream
        > Sandwich), and I couldn't find any way to bring up
        the menu to configure and
        > connect.
        >
        > I'm looking for a
        solution..

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John

        href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk

        > I've only run it on a tablet (a 7 inch Galaxy Tab). It should work on
        > phone, but the display may be too small to be useful.

        The Menu has three options - Connect, Setting and Exit.

        > Any
        comments or suggestions would be welcome.

        > 73, John
        G8BPQ

        *

        U5NzE0BGdycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2bWJycw

        RzdGltZQMxMzQ0MjQ5NTkz?o=6> New Members 3

        dycElkAzE1Njk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDdnRsBHNsawN2Z2hwBHN0aW1lAz

        EzNDQyNDk1OTM-> Visit Your Group

        jk5MTI3BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNnZnAEc3RpbWUDMTM0NDI0OTU5M

        w--> Yahoo! Groups

        > Switch to:

        :%20Traditional> Text-Only,

        > Daily Digest .
        > Unsubscribe .
        > Terms
        of Use

        > .

        d=8994/stime=1344249593/nc1=4836036/nc2=5741398/nc3=4025373>

      • neocharles_kk4hok
        Message 4 of 22 , Feb 11, 2013
          Awesome. I figured it could give me another excuse to use my HP Touchpad for. It'd be killer if you could get the monitor portion working.

        • Shawn Bush
          Message 5 of 22 , Mar 22, 2013

            I have used BPQTermTCP in the past on my Droid Bionic and it worked fine but now when ever I hit connect the program crashes.

            73's

          • ZS6RO
            Message 6 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

              John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

              But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

              73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.

              Message 7 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
                Ok, Dick.

                That is fixed in the latest version, but if it is working ok for you apart
                form that there is no real need to upgrade.

                John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an
                Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

                But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line
                after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

                73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.< o>

                Message 8 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                  I would like to not have the continuous ‘disconnected’ showing - *Grin ..

                  I have version 1.5 .. What is the latest version and where do I get it from please ???

                  Message 9 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                    One other thing John – any chance to orientate the display view from portrait t6o landscape as well ??

                    73, Dick

                    Message 10 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
                      Dick,

                      The latest is at

                      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQTermAndroid.apk

                      It is version 2.0, but doesn’t show it anywhere.

                      If you start it with the device in landscape orientation it should stay that
                      way, but won't rotate once stated - I found it quite irritating when it did
                      that!

                      #8217;, line

                      Message 11 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                        Thanks John .. See that this is version 1.0 ….

                        When I try to disconnect I get it displaying ‘Disconnecting’ and that’s all – doesn’t say ‘Disconnected’ – at least it’s not repeating  – also the word ‘disconnecting’ is spelt ‘Disonnecting’ - *Grin ..

                        I can use ‘portrait’ viewing as you suggested …

                        Thank you very much for the effort you have put into this apk – its appreciated …

                        If  I’m in the ‘public’ domain, and I connect to my BBS via the Internet using this app, am I connecting via SSH or am I able to be hacked because of passwords etc. being visible on the Internet ??? – In other words, is it a secure connection ??

                        #8217;, line

                        Message 12 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                          John, I see you moved the 'Connect 1' , pressing it here hangs the app. I can close it OK, but it hangs every time I try. Using Connect 2 works OK.  This is on a LG  G3 phone with Android 6.

                          Thanks   73  John

                          On 12/19/2016 09:53, 'John Wiseman' john.wiseman@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                          Dick,

                          The latest is at