Re: [BPQ32] Error Message with bpq

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
      Mike

      I started up a W2K machine 5.00.2195 SP4 with IE 6.0.2800.1106.  It didn't have BPQ32 on it.  Then I downloaded from the BPQ32 Yahoo Group BPQ32_410c_2007Dec20.exe and ran it successfully.  Doing the things you noted, I get no errors.  All appears to be fine.  There are later updates for W2K, which I am currently downloading.  After that Ill uninstall and reinstall BPQ32 and try again.  If BPQ32 then shows this problem Ill post that here, but I am really not anticipating any problem.

      I went to http://support.microsoft.com and searched for 0xc0000142 and there is a bunch of stuff trying to explain the problem.  Similarly I googled 0xc0000142 and there is a ton of stuff there.  Ranging from virus infestation, conflicts with anti-virus software to corrupted OS files requiring reinstallation of the OS.  I don't know what to believe.

      Are you making entries yourself in the registry using regedit?  If so this shouldn't be needed, the installer does all of this for you, and removes them upon uninstall.

      As to opening 6 or 7 bpq's, yes depending upon the configuration quite a few programs do start, this is expected.  Exactly how many?  I would have to study your configuration to tell you, but in my typical application there are 5.  To this I could add bpqtelnetserver, bpqstatus, etc if I wished.

      Hopefully John will respond.  I suspect he is away at the moment.

      Ron, N5IN

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
        Ron,
        I completely wiped out the computer using Fdisk then set up the hard
        drive using fdisk to set a new partition and make it active formated it
        then ran win2k set up had win2k reformat the drive for fat 32 then just
        updated ie to ie 6 and also added AVG antivirus.I never mess with
        registry I dont know what to do.also run a full version of Zone alarm
        pro.I do turn off zone alarm and avg so I am not shure.thanks and
        73 de Mike KC8FWD
      • Michael J.Talkington
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
          Ron I can talk over the phone it does not cost anything for me and tell
          you more about my system
          kc8fwd@... thanks
        • Michael J.Talkington
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2008
            Ron,
            It is working and here is the two things I did.
            Uninstalled AVG Antivirus and I was taking a copy of bpqcfg.txt I
            already had saved on my other computer and both computers have the same
            latest version of bpq32 and just copied it to my computer with ar
            cluster well I unregistered it in the registry using the bpq program
            uninstalled bpq rebooted computer reinstalled BPQ set registry redone
            bpqcfg from scratch with the on that just reinstaled then reinstalled
            AVG and it seems to be working fine I am going to leave it on all night
            for testing thanks Mike KC8FWD