RE: [BPQ32] 08-11-12 - DUAL RADIO PORT TNC OPERATIONS

  • N9ACQ
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 8 KB
    Dave
    One port at a time. The 1278 was designed back in 1988/9, before
    Windows 3.0 was released. Multi-tasking PC operating system were in there
    infancy. Does anybody remember Windows 286 or 386? The concept was you could
    connect each port to a different radio, usually one HF and the other VHF.
    The B model, with Pactor, is only supported by Airmail and then not usable
    for Winlink 2000, no 8bit transparency. Not supported for packet on
    Airmail. They are still usable for Pactor connections to the NTSD MBOs
    running Winlink 2.9 or 3.0, or packet via KISS mode driver like AGW. I have
    not tried the KISS mode drivers in either in Paclink or RMS Express. They
    also did make internal boards, one for 2400 and another for 9600 baud
    packet.
    73 Bill
    N9ACQ
    Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2012
      Dave,

      BPQ32 sees these as a single port TNC. ALthough the TNC has two radio ports, only one can be active at any one time. The Channel A/Channel B is for TNC's like the KPC4 and KAM that have twoindependent TNC channels.

      73, John